Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1021 of 2,792

Sebastian H wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Why do  people keep using euphemisms such as "mix up" and "mistake" and "error" when really they mean "I tried to lie and got caught out!"

Or... you could offer me the benefit of the doubt. It's not that strange to have lived in more than one country. I selected UK because I lived and worked and I'm currently interested in UK-centric jobs. Didn't think it mattered all that much before the form asked for a local phone number and an address, which I no longer have. Honest mistakes happen.

Sebastian,  you have a point, because clients can say they come from wherever they wish, but freelancers can't. 

Upwork is client-centric, so however contradictory,  it does not tolerate freelancers saying they live in one place when they live in another.  So, as far as your Upwork account is concerned, just do what they ask. 

As to UK jobs. You will see some jobs offered globally by UK clients, but Upwork has seen fit to implement geoblocking. So some UK jobs will be unavailable to anyone who is not resident in UK. It is a singularly shortsighted move,  but it is how it is.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1022 of 2,792

Hi Sebastian,

Your country has been updated to Poland. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Sebastian H Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
1023 of 2,792

Thank you, Bojan. Appreciate the help.

Highlighted
Hannah L Member Since: Nov 4, 2019
1024 of 2,792

Hello moderators,

I am having the same issue. The country is locked at USA, but I currently reside in Vietnam.

Thank you!

Hannah

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1025 of 2,792

Hi Hannah, 

I have updated your country from USA to Vietnam as requested. You should now be able to update your address in the Contact Info page. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Carly R Member Since: Nov 3, 2019
1026 of 2,792

Hello,

I have the same issue except I am in the UK. It is defaulted to the US but I live in the UK.

Thank you,

Carly

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1027 of 2,792

Hi Carly,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your country has been updated as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Muditha G Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
1028 of 2,792
When i register the upwork i can't change the country. It always shows only US but I live in Srilanka. I want add my country as Srilanka. Please help me.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1029 of 2,792

Hi Muditha,

I've had your country setting updates. You can continue with completing the rest of your profile.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Emre O Member Since: Mar 31, 2019
1030 of 2,792

I can not change my country neither. I would like to update my country from UK to Austria. Thank you in Advance! Best, Emre

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS