Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1101 of 3,261

@Denis P wrote:

Thank you very much Joanne.

It would be nice if we put some info next to that first location field with explanation that the location is user's current location he/she lives and that user still will be able to search clients from other countries. It will decrease the number of posts like that raised on the forum.

Kind Regards.

you can search in any country you want to, nothing prohibits that, except when a job posting is marked as US-only. 

Just a personal note: stay away from offering to move to the US, it is really not that simple, and most people hiring a freelancer will not be interested in sponsoring your move, they want to hire you on hourly basis, not full time. Also, never ever work on a tourist visa when in the US. I would remove that wording immediately, if I were you....

Highlighted
Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
1102 of 3,261

Thanks for the advice Martina.

Highlighted
Riza Mariel C Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
1103 of 3,261

Hello team,

I'm new to Upwork and I'm trying to complete my personal details but the country is set to Singapore and I have no way to edit it. I was born in Philippines and never been to any country. I found out that the computer I was using has activated VPN. I have used different devices - Laptop, Desktop and Ipad but got no help in changing my country. Could you please edit the country and make it Philippines? I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1104 of 3,261

Hi Riza,

I`ve just updated your country and you can fill out the rest of your address now, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Andreina I Member Since: Mar 16, 2019
1105 of 3,261

Hello, I am new here and accidentally chose United States as a country, because of that I can not verify my account since my phone number is from another country. Can you help me with that? 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1106 of 3,261

Hi Andreina,

Can you please share the correct country that your account should be set to? Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1107 of 3,261

Hi Dihi,

I can confirm that your country has already been updated to Algeria. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Charlotte H Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
1108 of 3,261
Hi, I started my profile back in London, but I didn't complete it. Now I live in Miami and am willing to complete my profile, but I have changed my Country and my phone number, which I am not able to update in my profile (country is greyed out). To complete my profile I have to verify my cell phone nr. , which I don't have any longer. How do I update my number and country? My profile has never been approved because I have never completed it.
Thank you for your help.
Charlotte
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1109 of 3,261

Hi Charlotte,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mousumi S Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
1110 of 3,261

I signed up for Upwork but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to UK but I now live in the India. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting?

Mousumi
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS