Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
1351 of 3,892
To change country:
Go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country.
To delete the account:
Go to your Settings > Contact Info > Click the "Close my account" link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cray H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
1352 of 3,892

Hi Max,

You may follow the instructions that Yeasir sent on how to update your country. If for any reason the system does not allow you to change it, please let us know by replying to this thread and by indicating the country where you are located. 

- Mary
Untitled
Highlighted
Max S Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
1353 of 3,892

Did u actually read my issue, I cannot go to settings of my account because I cannot verify number because I don't have the number from the U.S. because I'm from another country and have not U.S. mobile number, also I don't have button delete an account in a screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1354 of 3,892

Hi Max,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and I will update it, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Linda G Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
1355 of 3,892

Hi. I created my profile when I was in the US but I didn't finish it. I'm moving to Malaysia. Now I would like to finish my profile, however I cannot change the country. Could anyone please help me? Thanks.

Highlighted
1356 of 3,892

Hi Linda,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Dany G Member Since: Feb 19, 2019
1357 of 3,892

I signed up for Upwork but did make a mistake with country and didn't finish my profile. My country is set to UK but I live in Russia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Highlighted
1358 of 3,892

Hi Dany,

I just updated your country to Russia, feel free to update the rest of your address now. If further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Sylvia S Member Since: Feb 20, 2019
1359 of 3,892

I signed up for Upwork and mistakenly entered my location as US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country to India before submitting my profile for review?

Highlighted
1360 of 3,892

Hi Sylvia,

Your country is now updated to India, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS