Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

0deb614f
Jaison T Member Since: Oct 13, 2020
161 of 3,947

Hi,

I am trying to change my address from India to the US. However, when trying to change my address it asks me to update my w-9 tax information. But when I go to that link, I do not see an option to update my w-9 info. Please advice on what needs to be done.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
162 of 3,947

Hi Jaison,

It looks like you were able to update your country to the US. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
argusoft_inc
Ravi S Member Since: Nov 11, 2020
163 of 3,947

I am facing the same problem. Trying to change my address from India to the US. However, when trying to change, it asks me to update my w-9 tax information. By following the given steps, submitting w-9 info again, but still not able to change the address details.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
164 of 3,947

Ravi S wrote:

I am facing the same problem. Trying to change my address from India to the US. 

Ravi, are you actually personally physically based in the USA? Not your agency, but you yourself? 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
165 of 3,947

Hi Ravi,

Please keep in mind that your address needs to reflect your current location. Presenting misleading information on Upwork is a violation of our TOS. 
If you need further help with your account, let me know here. Thank you.

Untitled
403a0769
Marcella T Member Since: Jun 27, 2020
166 of 3,947

I have tried to change my country three times from Taipei to Vienna via Settings. I was then told by support to create a ticket, which I did, but I haven't heard anything back. It's been about 3 weeks now. 

Can somebody please help?

Thank you. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
167 of 3,947

Hi Marcella,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

Untitled
403a0769
168 of 3,947

You changed my location to Taipei, Australia. This is incorrect. 

I live in Vienna, Austria. Please change it again. 

Thanks

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
169 of 3,947

Hi Marcella,

Your country was updated as per your request, feel free to update the rest of the information under your account settings.  

~ Bojan
Untitled
403a0769
170 of 3,947

Hey,

It still says Taipei, Australia on my profile. I want to change it to Vienna, Austria. I have tried to update it in Settings, but it won't work. 

I don't know what else I can do?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS