Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Uma Maheswari S Member Since: Jan 29, 2020
2361 of 3,294

Madam,

I am in India.  The country field is not enabled and is greyed out with 'United States' as the default value.  Can you please update my Country to India so that the city and pincode details will autopopulate on the dropdown lists and I will be able to complete my profile on Upwork website.

Thank you for your immediate reply...

Uma S

Uma S
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2362 of 3,294

Hi Uma,

I checked and it seems that your country is already set to India. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists with showing a different country, kindly send me a PM with the screenshot so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Mirjam E Member Since: Jan 29, 2020
2363 of 3,294

I'm trying to sign up to Upwork but it seems I can't change the country from United states when I'm adding my location. I am based in Dunedin, New Zealand. 

Many thanks! 

Mirjam

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2364 of 3,294

Hi Mirjam, 

It looks like your country is set to New Zealand. Were you looking to update it?

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
2365 of 3,294
I’m sorry but it’s still not working. I cannot change the country from The United States. Am I doing something wrong?
Highlighted
2366 of 3,294
Okay, it is working now. Thanks!
Highlighted
Jennifer A Member Since: Jan 29, 2020
2367 of 3,294

Hi, I'm from Indonesia and I've encountered a problem when trying to fill out the location section of my profile. The location seems to have been locked down as "United States" and I am unable to change it to Indonesia. This prevents me from inputing correct informationa and I am afraid that this might hinder me from finding jobs suitable for myself.

Attached is a screenshot of the issue showing that the country block has been greyed out.

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2368 of 3,294

Hi Jennifer, 

I checked your account and can see that the country is set to Indonesia. Could you please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Fritzshairah C Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
2369 of 3,294

can someone please help me how to change the country from US to Philippines. I was filling up my profile and I cannot finish it because the country wont change. 

Thank You for helping me out. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2370 of 3,294

Hi Fritzshairah,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS