Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Boris R Member Since: Mar 24, 2020
2841 of 3,255

Hi Alexandar,

My current location is Russian Federation, I'm studying here so I have all needed confirmation documents.

Thanks

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2842 of 3,255

Hi Boris,

Your country has been updated to Russia as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Boris R Member Since: Mar 24, 2020
2843 of 3,255

Thank you!

Highlighted
Scott B Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
2844 of 3,255

I created my UpWork profile some time ago and life got in the way of me using it to find work assignments. So, I recently got an email notification that my profile had been set to private due to lack of use (which is fair enough). So, I wanted to update and reactivate my profile but...

...in the meantime, I have relocated to Germany. I could not find any way to change my location information to my permanent address in Germany from the US address I had initially entered.

Can anyone in the community help me get this corrected? I tried to find a way to directly contact UpWork support to get some help but that does not seem possible.

Highlighted
2845 of 3,255

Hi Scott,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Daniel R Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
2846 of 3,255

I'm trying to create my Upwork freelancer account, the one that asks for education, work experience, fees, etc. 

My problem is that in the Location part, I can't change the country from the United States. It's making it impossible for me to finish setting up, as you need to have filled in all data to be able to submit it. 

Can anyone help me out?

Daniel Reichfeld
Highlighted
2847 of 3,255

Hi Daniel,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Daniel R Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
2848 of 3,255

I'd like the country to be Colombia. 

Also, the phone number area code is +1 right now, would it change to +57 according to the location?

Daniel Reichfeld
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2849 of 3,255

Hi Daniel,

I'll share your concern with the team and they'll update you directly with more information.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Emma D Member Since: Mar 31, 2020
2850 of 3,255

Hi, I'm trying to complete my profile but for some reason it has defaulted my location to UK. I do not have a UK phone number so I cannot verify my account. I have just spent some time completing all the details on my profile and will lose everything unless I can verify with my actual phone number which is in Spain. Hope you can help Thanks Emma

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS