cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Jorge P Member Since: May 21, 2020
3241 of 3,600

When entering my info for the first time, I was using a VPN with an IP located in USA. When in the last step I try to change it to Colombia (yes, I am logging from Colombia, which is my real location) the form blocks the country as to "United States", so I simply cannot modify the country of my location. Please advise.

Highlighted
Beau B Member Since: May 22, 2020
3242 of 3,600
I live in US. but I recently traveled to the Philippines before corona virus. I can’t change my country at all. It should be USA. Can someone help me?
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3243 of 3,600

Hi Brecken,

Are you staying there for a longer period of time? If yes, then your address will need to be your current location. If you`re staying there for a short period of time, let me know and our team will update your country. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Cameron B Member Since: May 23, 2020
3244 of 3,600

I am trying to setup my profile. When i arrive at location my only option is the USA, i need to select another country however it will not let me. What do i do?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3245 of 3,600

Hi Cameron,

Could you please confirm where you are currently located so I can assist you? Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
3246 of 3,600

Colombia, but my tax residency is Australia

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3247 of 3,600

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for confirming your location. As requested, your country has been updated to Colombia. 

Regarding your taxes, I recommend that you speak with a local tax advisor so that you can be guided accordingly. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
3248 of 3,600
Thanks, i don't have a local tax advisor, as i am not a tax resident in
Colombia, what is upwork's process for this? I spend most of my time in
Australia but as at the time of making a profile i happen to be in
Colombia.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3249 of 3,600

Cameron B wrote:
I spend most of my time in
Australia but as at the time of making a profile i happen to be in
Colombia.

Your profile location must match your current physica location.

When you get back to Australia, you can change your profile location back to Australia also.

Highlighted
Kashish A Member Since: Apr 24, 2020
3250 of 3,600

Hi. I am new to Upwork. As I was creating my profile, I accidentally put in the country in which I was present before but now I live in a different country and it is not giving me the option to change the country and I don't have any tax information as I am not earning and also new to freelancing. Please help!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS