🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
bobbeaty
Community Member

I suspect this is obvious, but apparently, according to my profile, I am from Albania. Never having been away from Canada a lot, I can't change the country. Using Chrome.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

I've updated your country from Albania to Canada as requested. You may now update your profile's address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

~ Avery
Upwork
bobbeaty
Community Member

Thanks. Also, when I fill out the form and come back, some of the info isn gone. Again, I am likely missing a step. Will the country change and address adjust this?
Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

Please, clear your cache and cookies and/or try to use a different browser to log in to your account and fill all the fields under your location information. 

Make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ibrasal
Community Member

Hi,

I am in a process of registration; however, I got stuck with ID verification being set to my old country. Currently, I am based in Jordan.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

petra_r
Community Member

Ibrahim S wrote:

I am in a process of registration; however, I got stuck with ID verification being set to my old country. Currently, I am based in Jordan.

Don't you mean  "Currently, I am based in Jordan Libya?"

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ibrahim,

I updated your country as requested, you can proceed with completing your profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
katewaldman
Community Member

I have the same issue - trying to create a profile, but it will only let me be in Serbia, which is probably beautiful but not a country I've ever even visited! I'm in the US.

Hi Kate,

Your country was updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
prince1112
Community Member

I tried to change my address from India to USA since I moved here but it keeps on asking me to update my W-8BEN information. And even after doing that it doesn't let me change the address.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prince,

Your country has been updated from India to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shee_dejesus
Community Member

Hi, can you please change my country from Australia to Philippines? Thanks..

Hi Sheena, 

I have updated your country from Australia to Philippines as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

Let us know if our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
westonkapungu
Community Member

I would like to change my country from South Africa to Zimbabwe but I do not see the option to add Zimbabwe

Hi Weston,

Unfortunately, Upwork isn't able to service certain countries as we aren't able to send payments there. In those cases, the country will not appear in the list when setting a location. We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prathyu136
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to create new profile but the country default shows the UK but I stay in the USA.

I can't change the country so I stuck there

Please help me

Thanks

Reddy Prathyusha Soma

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reddy, 

Please complete your phone verification, and once verified, let us know so that we can look into your account further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

sorry, I cant do this either because the country is showing UK so I have to
enter the phone number with UK code but I am in the USA
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reddy Prathyusha,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am having the exact same issue, could you please change me from the UK to the US because my phone number is a US number and I am unable to verify at the moment,

Thanks in advance,

Ross

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ross,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3pns
Community Member

I read the only way to change your country is posting here and ask for support.

It is for some reason stuck on Stanley, Falkland Islands, however I'm from Strasbourg, France.

Please may somebody change it so I can finish my application.

Thank you by advance,

evelm16
Community Member

So I'm an American living in Jordan, but my phone number right now has a Jordanian country code. I can't verify my account because it only has +1 which means I can't get my texts. How can I change the country so I can get the code? Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Samuel and Eve,

Your countries are now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address if it's needed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! I can't change my country from USA to Indonesia, and thus cannot provide a phone number to verify.

Hi Maksim,

We've updated your country to Indonesia. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
mateen_ahmad
Community Member

Just got signed up and my Default Country is Australia. Unable to change it to Pakistan. 

Hi Mateen,

Your country is updated, feel free to continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Can you help check my profile as well.

I am living in the Philippines and can't update the address as it is defaulted to United States.

Thanks and best regards,

Gilbert

Hi Gilbert, 

Please complete your phone verification, and once verified, let us know so that we can look into your account further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Unfortunately, the phone number is defaulted as well to US.

I can't change it to Philippine number.

Regards,

Gilbert

Hi Gilbert, 

I'll check this with the team and I will get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rubel_shah
Community Member

I have prolem can't submit my account. I don't know how to change location. But don't come setting option.

Hi Rubel,

I just updated your country back to Bangladesh, if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ishawafi
Community Member

Hi,

I accidently selected worng country while registering account and on next step I can't go back to correct it. Is there any way I can correct it?

Help will be appricated, Thanks

achlys
Community Member

Hi!

You can change your country after registration. You must be logged into Upwork from the country you are changing to. Check this out!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067528-Edit-Account-Information

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Burcu

Hi Isha,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and I will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ltuscan2
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to create a profile but I cannot enter my address correctly. I'm living in Spain, but the address is set to United States and I cannot change it.

Thank you

Hi Lori-Ann, I am actually having this same problem. I am a United States citizen however I am temporarily living in Ukraine but cannot change the country as it is automatically set to United States. 

Hi Andrew,

We've changed your country to Ukraine. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths