🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Yes, And now can you help me to change my location?

You need to contact Support, who will also question whether someone who lies about one main aspect of his account isn't likely to have lied about absolutely everything else on it.

Why choose Huntsville? I'm sure it's lovely, but if you have to make up a US address, then I'm going for Beverly Hills every time. Mainly because it's the oinly zip code I know for certain.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Hello sir,

Can you help me to change my country location USA to Bangladesh?

Why did you lie about your location?

shetani
Community Member

@Petra R wrote:

Why did you lie about your location?

(I might be late to the party, but...) If you search YT for "how to get upwork account approved bangladesh", you'll see that freelancers are being led to believe that the way to get your account approved is to set your country to US and then ask CS to change it to Bangladesh.

Poof done.

(Edited for clarification)

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ines, 

I've seen and responded to similar and even more egregious claims before, and will reiterate that location doesn't factor into the profile review and approval process.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ines, 

I've seen and responded to similar and even more egregious claims before, and will reiterate that location doesn't factor into the profile review and approval process.

Hi Vlad - sorry if it came off as an accusation. I'm not claiming that's the way to get a profile approved, or that it even works.

I was just mentioning it as explanation to why FLs from Bangladesh set their location to US and then ask to change it (because they are being told that that works).

Hi Md Shofikul,

Please follow the instructions and link below the country selection field in order to contact Customer Support and update your address.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello, Vladimir. I also travel between 3 countries, where I stay 1-3 monthes. My registration,surely,is in one of them,and the other i just visited for 1-3 mothes. Now I'm trying to write down my adress aand before it CHANGE the country. I'm logging from another country, as says in   the instructions and link below the country selection field,but the country doesn't change. What should  I do? 

Hi Mariana,

Someone from our team will follow up with you directly to review all the information and advise.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir. I will stay here to check for the news,and,also,watch out the Personal Messages and Email,that I've use for registration (with my name and my last name).

Hope, we can deal with this soon. I've spend already 15 years to make myself ready for such a working team.

How.they.will.know.that.I.need.their.help?

Maybe,I.shold.also.open.up.a.new.topic?

Mariana,

The team has already sent a support ticket to you directly offering additional assistance. You can reply to that ticket directly either via the email notification you received or here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, Valeria! Thank you for your hospitality and help. I've answered the member of the team. Hope we will change the Netherlands into "U." soon.

I nerd ti out my country location in italy but in my profile is memorized Albania

Luca,

You can still submit your profile for a review. Once you do that, you will be able to go to your account Settings> Contact Info and update the information on file. Please, note that it's important that you share accurate and truthful information about your identity, location and skills.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have problem to
set my country
But i dont know how

Hi Luca,

Your profile has not yet been sumitted for review. Please go ahead and submit your profile and afterward you will have the option of changing your contact info in the settings.

~Nina

How do i do that? i don't find anywhere the option to submit for review.

Thanks,

Luiza 

Hi Luiza,

You can use this link to add your correct address info in the location section of your settings.

~Nina

Hello! when i try to change my country from "Location" tab, i cannot selec a new country when i get to the phone bnumber tab. i cannot save changes without the phone number, and i cannot add a phone number without selecting the country. Can you please help me?

Hi Luiza,

Please confirm which country you are located in and would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you, thank you.

~Nina

Dear Nina,

Thank you for your reply. 

I am located in Romania and would like to have it set also in my profile as location details. 

Thank you,

Luiza

Luiza,

I've went ahead and changed your country to Romania and you should now be able to complete the rest of your address information in your settings. Thanks!

~Nina

Same issue unfortunately 😞

when i click on select country there is no tab opening in order to select the country. 

Luiza,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you to help assist you with this. You'll be hearing from them shortly via an email support ticket.

~Nina

Thank you!

Hi, I'm trying to change my location from Armenia to Canada because when I created my profile I was in Armenia but right now I'm in Canada. Please help.

Hi Hayk,

I updated your country to Canada as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am having trouble completing my profile as the country location is set at UK, and i cannot change it.  Could you help, please ?  I am living in Thailand now.

Thank you.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not able to set my country location or phone number. I am not in the USA and this appears to be the only option available on the profile submission form. What can I do? I am currently based in Thailand.

Hi Kevin,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address and add your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
annachiarab
Community Member

Hi 

I've been trying to create an upwork application. One of the fields asks what my country is but it's automatically set to American Samoa...that is not my country! And it won't let me change it. The bar is gray and I can't click on it.... does anyone have a solution for this?

Hello everyone, I just realized I messed up my birth date (don't ask me how, I wish I knew) instead of putting November 26th I put November 6th. I absolutely need to change it because I don't want any trouble. Is there a way to do it?

Annachiara,

Did you enter your birth date when signing up?

I also noticed that you created two accounts on Upwork. Only one account per user is allowed, so please close all but one account. Let us know if you need help closing an account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes I did.
I’m not sure how to close my account

Hi Annachiara,

Please let me know if you can follow the steps shared in this Help article and if you were able to close your account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Annachiara,

It looks like your location was selected incorrectly at the sign up. I've updated it for you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths