🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Charlotte,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sumisahu
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to UK but I now live in the India. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting?

Mousumi
petra_r
Community Member

Mousumi S wrote:

My country is set to UK but I now live in the India.

You moved today? Your profile was set up today.

sumisahu
Community Member

I created profile today.
Mousumi
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mousumi,

We have updated it from our end to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c8bd8e78
Community Member

I have the same issue. I have changed country from the UK to Belgium. I can type in my new address in the 'my info' bit, but when I press 'save' nothing happens..

Hi Shari,

I`ve updated your country and you should be able now to add your address and save it. If you experience any problems with it let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

my account still says UK rather than Belgium, and I can't change it..

Hi Shari,

Please go to Settings > My Info > Company contact and you will need to list your address again to reflect your current location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That is what I have been trying to do, but the 'save' button is unresponsive (Chrome, Firefox)..

Thank you for the confirmation Shari,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am abroad in Hong Kong for a couple of months and cannot change my country when I try finishing my profile. Can this be fixed? 

Hi Luis,

Your country has been updated to Hong Kong. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
khuon
Community Member

How do I change my country from the UK to Kenya. It's grayed out and I can't edit it
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Evalyne,

Your country is updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I change my country to UK? it's grayed out

Hi Mostafa,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
samrahimg
Community Member

Hello,
I am working as an agency member for an organization. I am their administrator. Now issue is that I while submitting proposal my profile is appearing instead of agency. Why is that so?

Secondly, can I change my address to USA instead of Pakistan?
eri-hariono
Community Member

Hi UpWork, I want to change my location from US into Indonesia, but cannot find the button/feature. Do I have to submit a separate request? Thanks!

Hi Eri and Samrah,

Your countries has been updated to Indonesia and United States accordingly. Feel free to add and edit the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

Hi Upwork team

I'm trying to complete my profile but have a complication. I usually live in the UK but am currently travelling. In order to verify my phone number I'd like to set it as my current Mexican number but it won't let me as the country is set to the UK and defaults to a UK dialling code - is there some way round this? 

Many thanks,

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

We've changed your country to Mexico. You may now proceed with completing this step. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
maywad_prashant
Community Member

Hi I also cant change my country.Its showing US but i live in India. I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Prashant,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
topofmind
Community Member

I set up my profile when I was living in Australia but am now residing in the US but am unable to revise my profile to reflect this. Can anyone help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison,

We have updated it from our end to the United States. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, My country is Colombia and I selected United States at some point of the profile creation. Please help me updating it. Thanks

Hi Wilson,

We have updated it from our end to Colombia. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jlborgman
Community Member

Hello there,

This seems to be a common issue, but I'm trying to register my profile with Upwork and my country is set to the United States and greyed out. I actually live in Japan. Any advice?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jordan,

Your country has been updated to Japan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kianathewriter
Community Member

Hi there, I am trying to create my profile. I filled everything and when I came to the address. I couldn't change the country. It's USA grey boxed which cannot be changed. so, can anyone please help me how to change the country name so, I can fill rest of the address and complete my profile? Look forward to hearing some answers and solutions soon. Thanks in advance. Best.

Hi Kiana,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, just wanting to report the same issue as the previous posters - I live in Australia, but tried to set up an account while travelling in the UK. I'm now trying to switch my country to Australia, but it's stuck on 'UK' - please could you help me switch it?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joseph, 

I've updated your country from UK to Australia as requested. Please update your address in your settings page with your new address. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks so much!
81ac8011
Community Member

Unable to complete the Location - Address informtaion because the 'Country' option is greyed out/defaulting to the US. I am based out of Mexico. I see it's a common problem going by this thread, so I figured I'd just enter my non-US address, leaving the country incorrect until someone at Upwork can assist with editing it, but it does not allow /recognize any non-US Street address either, so can't seem to fill anything up. Assistance appreciated

Hi Balbir, 

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Please change it to the - UK, England
City:- London.

Please advise me how soon it will be done?

Thanks.
Kiana

Hi Kiana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your request to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mycodexpert
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to change the Country to India as thats my home location. I am getting US as default and can not change it.

Please advise.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths