cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Burak O Member Since: Jul 18, 2020
401 of 3,894

Hello. Could you please change my country to Turkey?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
402 of 3,894

Hi Burak,

Your country has been updated to Turkey.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Vikram S Member Since: Jul 21, 2020
403 of 3,894

Hi

I want to change my country to India but I am not able to do that. Kindly look into issue and do the needful.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
404 of 3,894

Hi Vikram,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Shafiq R Member Since: Jul 19, 2020
405 of 3,894

In My profile default location country is USA I am unable to build my profile and change the country Can You please solve this issue so I can set up my profile

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
406 of 3,894

Hi Shafiq, and Giusy,

Shafiq, please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Giusy, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Zenaida A Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
407 of 3,894

I live in Spain. Need to change "country" to Spain, otherwise I'm not able to complete my Upwork profile application. Thanks!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
408 of 3,894

Hi Zenaida,

Your country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Luis M Member Since: Nov 11, 2019
409 of 3,894

Hi mods,

I'm not sure this is really the correct thread for my question, but this is where the chat bot directed me...

I'm French, but live in Romania, so i set up my location to Romania. Problem is that many clients disregard my profile, as they can't understand that a native speaker may live outside of France.

I would update my location to France, but then the tax information and contact details would be correct.

Is there a way to go around this?

I'd like to have correct tax details (obviously) but not to lose contracts when clients are looking for "French from France" - which is exaclty what I am - by opposition to French speaker who didn't grow up in France.

Thanks

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
410 of 3,894

Hi Luis,

I`m sorry to hear about the difficulties you`re having with potential clients.

I would like to clarify that freelancers when they are moving for a longer period of time, their profile location will need to reflect the new location/address.
If you have moved for a short period of time, you can update your address back to France. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS