cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
521 of 639

Hi Paul, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Mia S Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
522 of 639

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to USA but I now live in Ukraine. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
523 of 639

Hi Mia,

Your country has been updated, please also update your address information in your Contact Information settings. Thank you.

Untitled
Minou S Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
524 of 639

Community Guru, please can you update my country from Indonesia (default) to Guatemala? Also if I am moving around quite a bit in the next few months, how can I update the country regularly? Thank youuu!

525 of 639

Hi Minou, 

I have updated your country to Guatemala as requested. 

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

-Avery
Untitled
Matthew B Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
526 of 639
I started creating my profile while in the UK and then moved to Turkey before I could complete it. Now I can't complete my profile because the country is stuck as UK. How can this be resolved?
Thanks in advance.
527 of 639

Hi Matthew, 

I have updated your country from the UK to Turkey, as requested. You should now be able to update your address accordingly. 

-Avery
Untitled
Vagisha A Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
528 of 639

I signed up with upwork. Accidently I didn't realise that country was selected as USA.

Now Whenever I log in, It takes me to "Complete Profile Page" where USA is already selected.

I want to chage it INDIA, but option is disabled.

529 of 639

Hi Vagisha, 

The team will follow up with you about your account with more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Matthew R Member Since: Feb 15, 2019
530 of 639

Hello. 

I have moved residence from Botswana to South Africa and I am unable to update.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS