🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Maroosh,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am trying to change my country from USA to Philippines. But the Country box is greyed  out. Need your kind assistance. Thanks!

Hi Calixto,

Your country has been updated to the Philippines as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have updated my location from Marquartstein, Germany to Hanoi, Vietnam, though it still remains unchanged on my profile. Could you please help me with it?

Hi Linh,

I checked and it seems that your country is already set to Vietnam. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if you continue experiencing this so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi can you help me change my location from Palestine to Turkey, Istanbul? I move from Palestine and live now in Turkey

Hi Abdulla,

I checked and it seems that you already updated your country. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3951298d
Community Member

Hi can you help me change my location from US to pHilippines? I did a mistake when signing up then I ignored I thought I could change it in the end of the sign up. Turns out it’s been set up even before signing up. Thanks

Hi Rubi,

Your country has been updated to the Philippines as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have relocated to Manila, Philippines. I need to change the location to Philippines.

Hi Randhir,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to the Philippines?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please can you change my country to Cambodia?

Hi Nettra and Valueip,

Your countries are now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to change my location to Boston, MA

Hi Brandon, 

You can edit your address by going to Settings  My Info (Contact Info). Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can't change the country in my profile. I'm living in Copenhagen, Denmark. I really need to change it from Argentina to Denmark. Thanks

Hi Ana,

I just checked your account and I can see that Denmark is listed as your country. Are you seeing anything else on your end? If yes, could you please share a screenshot from your country field? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eric433
Community Member

I have read through all the other similar issues, but still can't resolve the problem. Google doesn't recognize my address and I can't enter it manualy. Any help is much appreciated. My current country is Thailand

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric, 

Could you please try typing your addess in the "Start typing your address" field? Once you type-in your address, it should auto-populate with different addresses. You should be able to choose your address from one of the options. 

I have also updated your country to Thailand and you should now be able to update your address. 

~ Avery
Upwork
eric433
Community Member

That worked.
Thank you.
fcecd805
Community Member

Hi,

I started to create the Freelance account from my existing Client account.

Client account was opened few years ago when I was based in US, and I forgot to change the country.

I decided to open the Freelance account and I am stucked at the Create Your Profile page since I don't have US phone number anymore. Now, I can not access the Settings page to make the change.

What should I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching gout to us, Milenko!

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location?

We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fcecd805
Community Member

Thanks Bojan for the fast reply.

The country is Cyprus.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milenko, 

Your Country was updated to Cyprus. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gullsher-hussain
Community Member

I want to change my location from UAE to Pakistan , as i am currently in pakistan 

Hi Gullsher,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not willing to scroll thru 146 and counting pages to see how many FLers apparently now live in the US.  However, I am calling the bluff of 99.999% of all who makes this claim.  This was NOT an issue until Upwork instituted the client option of "US applicants only".  There is now a similar option in force for "UK applicants only". How many of the same mind-set will try for that?

U's decision to do this was based on BUYER REQUESTS.  While I personally find it all distasteful, I can understand it for a few reasons.  

1. command of the English language

2. time zone issues (for convenience only)

3. understanding of the marketing skills needed to effectively communicate with a buyer's targeted market 

Whether you view it a unfair, mean, or whatever ... it is a fact of life.  And it isn't going to change.  Do us all a favor and stop trying to scam the system.  This is the one rare and odd scenario where your scams will not work.

joony123
Community Member

Can you please change my location to Lviv, Ukraine as I am currently here and I can only receive calls or SMS here at the moment. Thank you.

Hi Joon,

You're country has been updated to Ukraine, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
andreccc
Community Member

Im located in US but my nationality is Colombian, do i need to change my location to Colombia?

Upwork profile pages report where freelancers live. There is nothing on these pages about a freelancer's nationality.

So the answer to your question is: No.

You should not change your location to Colombia.

melinda661
Community Member

I am currently registering. I'm in Germany and I'm trying to register from this place, but I can't change the location Bulgaria.

Hi Mariela,

Your country have been updated to Germany. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
joe_sham
Community Member

Thank you!
valpraiso
Community Member

Hello,

I need help with changing address from US to UK. I was registering using my family's US address but I live in UK with UK number, now I cant input my phone number. Help.

Eddy P wrote:

Hello,

I need help with changing address from US to UK. I was registering using my family's US address but I live in UK with UK number, now I cant input my phone number. Help.

You're not in the UK any more than you are in the USA...

Petra R wrote:

Eddy P wrote:

Hello,

You're not in the UK any more than you are in the USA...

Petra, I can be anywhere. Belfast, London, Arlington, New York, Singapore, Jakarta, Surabaya, that's my routine route every 1-2 months. And I have addresses in 3 of those countries, does that mean that I need to have cell number for each of the countries? I just need help so that I can use my UK number to register so that all my freelance works are centralised into one mobile number. Fiverr let me did it without hazzle. I dont mind if supports ask me for proof of identity or proof of address. Just be kind.

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for reaching out to us.One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for reaching out to us.One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

Thank you Aleksandar! Looking forward for the assistance.

saawis
Community Member

Hi Moderators,
Could you help me in changing my country from the United States to Canada?
I am stuck in creating account phase.
Thank you in advance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths