Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Community Guru
Mary H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
631 of 1,090

Hi Benjamin,

It now reflects Puerto Rico, please update the rest of the profile information. Thanks! 

- Mary
Untitled
Eric J Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
632 of 1,090

I'm trying to create a profile but it won't let me choose an address outside of the US. Am I doing something wrong?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
633 of 1,090

Hi Eric, 

Could you please confirm where you are currently located so that we can check if we can update your country for you? 

-Avery
Untitled
Norman C Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
634 of 1,090

Hello Avery,

Please change the country from US to Philippines. I'm not able to proceed to profile creation as there is no option to do so. (Greyed-out)

Thanks! 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
635 of 1,090

Hi Norman,

Your country has been updated from the United States to the Philippines. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Eric J Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
636 of 1,090
Bangkok
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
637 of 1,090

Hi Eric, 

I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info).

-Avery
Untitled
Romm S Member Since: Feb 28, 2019
638 of 1,090

Hi!

My country of residence is actually Philippines but I am currently staying in Singapore.

Can you please help me in updating it to Philippines?

Thanks!

-Romm

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
639 of 1,090

Hi Romm,

Your country has been updated from Singapore to the Philippines. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Samia B Member Since: Feb 28, 2019
640 of 1,090

I am new to Upwork and the platform automatically suggest that my location is Morocco even though I live in the states. When I try to update it, the system says that I can't update my location unless I provide my W-9 form tax info. When I try to fill a W-9, the system automatically takes me back to fill a non-US W-8BEN form. 

I am a little bit confused and can't set up my profile.

Thanks for your help

Samia

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS