cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
631 of 819

Hi Kate,

Your country was updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Prince P Member Since: Mar 6, 2019
632 of 819

I tried to change my address from India to USA since I moved here but it keeps on asking me to update my W-8BEN information. And even after doing that it doesn't let me change the address.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
633 of 819

Hi Prince,

Your country has been updated from India to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Max S Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
634 of 819

Hi, I wasn't so attentive and create a profile with country U.S. and when I noticed that was already late. Also, can't verify the mobile number and can't delete profile...

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
635 of 819
To change country:
Go to your Settings> Contact Info> Location to change your country.
To delete the account:
Go to your Settings > Contact Info > Click the "Close my account" link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067588-Close-My-Account

Community Guru
Mary H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
636 of 819

Hi Max,

You may follow the instructions that Yeasir sent on how to update your country. If for any reason the system does not allow you to change it, please let us know by replying to this thread and by indicating the country where you are located. 

- Mary
Untitled
Max S Member Since: Feb 17, 2019
637 of 819

Did u actually read my issue, I cannot go to settings of my account because I cannot verify number because I don't have the number from the U.S. because I'm from another country and have not U.S. mobile number, also I don't have button delete an account in a screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
638 of 819

Hi Max,

Please confirm the country you`re currently located in and I will update it, thank you.

Untitled
Sheena D Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
639 of 819

Hi, can you please change my country from Australia to Philippines? Thanks..

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
640 of 819

Hi Sheena, 

I have updated your country from Australia to Philippines as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

Let us know if our team can assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS