cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
71 of 273

Hi Saurabh,

Could you please confirm which country would you like to change your profile location to? We can assist you with that but you'll need to update your profile name right after you submit it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
tim d Member Since: Jul 14, 2018
72 of 273

I am new to upwork freelancing but have been recruiting on it using the same account for many years. I just created a freelancer profile but SMS verification not working. Can you please help? I can provide my DL ID scans if that helps. 

Jo-An B Moderator Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
73 of 273

Hi Tim,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Please respond directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Kelly T Member Since: Jul 20, 2018
74 of 273

I am from the USA and my profile was created with this information.  I now live in Thailand.   I have a Thai phone number.  When setting up my profile I am unable to change the country code option for the phone number.  How can I do this to verify my phone number? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
75 of 273

Kelly T wrote:

I am from the USA and my profile was created with this information.  I now live in Thailand.   I have a Thai phone number.  When setting up my profile I am unable to change the country code option for the phone number.  How can I do this to verify my phone number? 

You can not claim to be **IN** the USA when you are in Thailand. You need to get Upwork to change your location to accurately reflect the country you actually reside in, which is Thailand.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
76 of 273

Hi Kelly,

We've updated your country to Thailand. 

Joanne
Frank W Member Since: Aug 12, 2018
77 of 273

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to sign up. I am a US Citizen living in Taiwan and the account setup keeps forcing United States. Although I have an address there, I can't verify phone because I have only skype phone and Taiwan phone #. 

Could you please change my country setting to Taiwan?

Thank you!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
78 of 273

Hi Frank, 

Looks like the country has already been updated to Taiwan. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

-Avery
Untitled
Augusto G Member Since: Sep 13, 2018
79 of 273

Hello, I'd like to change my country to Mexico please. Thanks!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
80 of 273

Hi Augusto, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account through an email. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS