Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
71 of 3,300

Maryam F wrote:
Lease help, I can't change my country from United Kingdom to United States while creating account. I

But you're neither in the UK nor the US and aren't "The Aussie Voice" and don't have a micro studio in New York and never went to Harvard any more than the dozens of other fake profiles using the same trick.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
72 of 3,300

Petra R wrote:

Maryam F wrote:
Lease help, I can't change my country from United Kingdom to United States while creating account. I

But you're neither in the UK nor the US and aren't "The Aussie Voice" and don't have a micro studio in New York and never went to Harvard any more than the dozens of other fake profiles using the same trick.

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! It's that guy again! I wonder if this is some Upwork account seller putting this same description in to get approved to sell the account. I can't believe this is just one REALLY STUPID guy that keeps coming back to the forum and then suspended.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
73 of 3,300

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Maryam F wrote:

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! It's that guy again!  I can't believe this is just one REALLY STUPID guy that keeps coming back to the forum and then suspended.

There are at least a dozen of them left - last time I looked there were more, but it looks like they were mostly rejected anyway (Upwork, what is the point of leaving rejected profiles up??)

Plus the original top-rated high earner they all stole the overview from, of course.

Highlighted
Joel B Member Since: May 21, 2019
74 of 3,300

Hi. 

I also have this problem.

I'm located in Spain, and can't change it from UK

Highlighted
Tu T Member Since: Jun 24, 2019
75 of 3,300

In creating my profile, I cannot input an address other than one in the USA. I would like my country to be Thailand, where I am located. Please advise.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
76 of 3,300

Hi Tu,

Your country is updated, feel free to add the rest of your address and continue with your application. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Claire G Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
77 of 3,300

Hi I have the same issue - please help!

I'm from the U.K. but temporarily residing in New York. I want to open a Profile with Upwork, and entered my 'home' address as the UK, which is correct. Now in order to verify my account, they want to send a confirmation code to my phone, but the default country code is set to +44 and won't let me put my temporary US number in. This is super annoying as it won't let me go back and change the address/home country anymore, and it will not let me change the +44 country code which will not receive texts while here in the US! Any suggestions?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
78 of 3,300

Hi Claire, 

Your Country is now updated to the US. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tanvi P Member Since: Sep 21, 2019
79 of 3,300

Hello!

I'm facing the same issue. I would like to change my country from US to India. Any suggestions on how I can do so?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
80 of 3,300

Hi Tanvi,

Your country has been changed to India as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS