🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Dear team at Upwork, 
I am experiencing a similar issue as everyone here. 
My current location is Krasnodar, Russia. However, for some reason, the UK was set a default. As a result, I am unable to complete my profile.
Please advise
Thank you 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilya,

Your Country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
diprz589
Community Member

Hi I am unable to edit my country information to Northern Mariana Islands. It is a U.S. territory, but it not listed as an option when I selected US during sign up.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denise, 

I have updated your country to Northern Mariana Islands a requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
harvard2025
Community Member

Hello there

I'm applying as a freelancer and still haven't sent the application. When I reached the verification step I found out that the chosen country is not my location. This is the last step before submitting it and the country in this step is unchangeable.

Can you please help me? 

Thank you so much

Hi Hussain,

Could you please confirm your current location/country so that our team can update it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Saudi Arabia.

Thank you, Goran.

Thank you for following up, Hussain!

Your Country was updated to Saudi Arabia as per your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9b294a01
Community Member

I am trying to verify my state card but it isn't being approved

Jemimah:
Before you are able to complete identity verification, you may need to make adjustments to your location.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 9.34.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 9.34.12 AM.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jemimah,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location.

We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9b294a01
Community Member

My country is Kenya.Please consider this to help me in the identity
verification.

Hi Jemimah,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
victoralvarez98
Community Member

I'm Spanish but I live in the UK and I don't have a UK phone number cause I didn't need it until now but when it comes to creating my profile in Upwork I can't change the prefix to the Spanish one, so I'm kinda stuck. 

Hi Victor,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
svrproductions
Community Member

Created account while in US, cant change it to South Africa.

Need help

Hi Stephan, 

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
azeddine-biya
Community Member

hi upwork i am having some problems with changing my location my location . i keep trying to change it but option is blocked 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Azeddine,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
elleyzwn
Community Member

hello, whilst singing up to Upwork I accidentally selected united states as my country but I live in Malaysia. Im trying to build my profile and i am suppose to put in my address but it's not allowing me to change my country to Malaysia. Is there a way around this ? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elle,

Your Country was updated to Malaysia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

I am trying to create my upwork profile, but when I am about to enter my address it will not allow me to change it to Greece.

It's defaulting to UK although I am not in UK.

The country option is grayed out.

Can you help please?

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Albert,

Your country has been updated to Greece. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jkacavenda
Community Member

Hello

I would like to change my country of residence from Finland to France where I live right now, but it is not possible. How can I do it. 

Thanks a lot for the answer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jovana,

Your Country was updated to France as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kuhrisselle
Community Member

Hi can I can't seem to update my country from Philippines to Italy. Please help

Hi Krisselle,

Your Country was updated to Italy as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
royal_11
Community Member

i signed up when i was in Saudi Arabia but i could not finished my profile now i am in Pakistan how i can change country name. Regards **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ibrar,

Your country has been updated as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e_munshower
Community Member

Hi Eleanor,

Your country has been updated as per your request. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c205b276
Community Member

I'm building an account. Unfortunately, I entered my place of residence incorrectly, but I can't fix it

Hi Hooman,

Please confirm your current location/country and our team will update it from our end, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi
I from iran

8d7b2ecd
Community Member

I've registered for an account with Upwork but when filling out my profile, the 'Country' dropdown box is greyed out and is set to 'UK'. This is preventing me from filling out my profile correctly as it doesn't recognise my Pakistan address.

silmend
Community Member

Hello. 

When I first signed up for Upwork I was living in my country, but then I moved to Chile. When I try to fill up my profile I can't change the country. I looked for the topic in the forums and found the question but not the solution. I can't update my profile withouth that change of location. Could you please help me? 

af792128
Community Member

Hello,

Contact the support. They will assist you with the process.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Silvia,

Your country is now updated, you can complete the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much.

ayagamal94
Community Member

hi there,
while i am creating an profile the country is egypt and i can't change it to austria

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths