🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aya,

It looks like your Country was updated. Feel free to reach back to if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
michaelchizea
Community Member

Hello,

When I first signed up for Upwork I was living in Nigeria. But since then I have moved to Ireland and I tried to change the location  I couldn't. Can you please help me? 

Hi Michael,

Could you please confirm your current location/country so that our team can update it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

live in dublin ireland now

Hi Michael,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hachil
Community Member

Kindly tell me how to change location of my profile to India. It is currently USA

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Harsha,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! Can you please help me change my profile from UK to Australia?

Thanks

Hi Nicole,

~ Goran
Upwork
stephpatterson
Community Member

I am just trying to set up an account and can't change my country from France to Denmark where I am based. Can someone help with this?

Hi Stephanie,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm trying to sign up. I'm a US citizen but I'm living in the UK so I need to change that so I can verify my account using a UK number.

Hi Luke,

~ Goran
Upwork
mkjain6759
Community Member

I by mistake selected US as country. Now not seeing an option to change, can you change it to India.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahendra Kumar,

Your Country was updated as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
59c3ccaa
Community Member

Hello. I am an ecuadorian currently living in France. I haven't completed my profile because I have a problem : at the beginning I selected Ecuador as my location country (I though I was being asked about my nationality). How can I change my location to France?

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dome,

Once you have submitted your profile, you will be able to go to Settings -> Contact Information to update your country. You must add a profile photo before you will be able to submit your profile.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dome,

Your Country was updated to France as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
792941e2
Community Member

I was using the VPN while login, upwork automatically chosen USA as my country but I'm based in India. I need to change the location for verification. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shubham, 

I have updated your country from the U.S. to India. 

~ Avery
Upwork
119474d2
Community Member

Dear Upwork team,

I first registered to work in the US, because I will be mostly in the US starting this September and I also want to work on projects located in the US.  However, in the last section that asks US phone number, I wasn't able to put down my Korean number (where I'm at currently) nor able to skip the section.  Could you please kindly help me with completing my profile?

Thank you.

Best,

Seyeon

Hi Seyeon,

~ Goran
Upwork
kashisha15
Community Member

Hi. I am in the process to create an Upwork profile however I am unable to change my country as I am currently not in the UK. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kashish,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
melanievarela
Community Member

Hi! I recently signed up in USA and get back to PH now. Needs to change my location in my profile. Thanks!

Hi Melanie, 

Your country has been updated to the Philippines. You may now add the rest of your profile details. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
paulhatch
Community Member

I cannot change my country.

It is greyed out.

Without this, I cannot give my telephone number, as it has the wrong telephone code prefix.

Hi Paul,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location and we will be more than happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2b24003d
Community Member

I created an account and mistakenly selected wrong country (US). Need to change it to Pakistan. Can anyone help with this?

I am stuck up with the profile creation phase and can't proceed with verification of phone number.

You need someone from Upwork to change the country for you.

Hi Hassaan,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
heidikokborg
Community Member

Hi, 

I can't change my country from the UK to Denmark. What do I do? 

Hi Heidi,

Your country has been updated to Denmark as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, kindly update my country to China. Thanks.

Hi Jenelyn,

~ Goran
Upwork
paapple
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to Malta from Italy in my account

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pamela,

~ Goran
Upwork
5a586981
Community Member

Account number **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dear Support Team

With reference to the above account number I am trying to set up a new account and am unable to do so as I need to change my country of residence on my profile. I am a UK citizen but currently live in Istanbul in Turkey. My phone number is Turkish so I am unable to complete my profile.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Maria Bard

Hi Maria,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mmohshin
Community Member

My account has not verified yet, but I have to change my address as I have moved to another country

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths