Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Community Leader
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
811 of 1,297

Hi Denis,

I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

I'm based in the UK, and most of my clients are in the States, so don't worry about being based in the UK. That's the whole point of freelancing, the world is your clientbase. But you need to be honest and say you are based in the UK. Hopefully, Upwork will help you out with this. As it stands, your profile looks bad as you say you are based in the UK and willing to move to the States but your location says States. 

Best wishes,

Louisa

Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
812 of 1,297

> > Louisa J.: I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

Do you know how to do that? Can't find anything. Thanks. :-)

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
813 of 1,297

You need to give your accurate information and place you live/work and you can't just say I am going to move there and put US in instead of the UK. You can still bid on US jobs or any others, but for non-US freelancers like ourselves there are some jobs we can't see from the US unfortunately. 

814 of 1,297

Thanks Amanda, Thanks Luisa,

I picked up a random US addres with hope I can change it on my profile page. That's why my addres is US.

But I got stuck :-)

Regards.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
815 of 1,297

Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

But rest assured, you're not the only one who lies about their location and then finds themselves caught in the lie.

816 of 1,297

Hi Petra,

>> Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

That's your point. Not mine.

My point is to be able to change my country. Could you or somebody else please help me with that.

Thanks.

Community Leader
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
817 of 1,297

Submit a ticket here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
818 of 1,297

Hi Denis,

I've updated your country. Please continue completing your profile and make sure that you enter accurate information. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
819 of 1,297

Thank you very much Joanne.

It would be nice if we put some info next to that first location field with explanation that the location is user's current location he/she lives and that user still will be able to search clients from other countries. It will decrease the number of posts like that raised on the forum.

Kind Regards.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
820 of 1,297

@Denis P wrote:

Thank you very much Joanne.

It would be nice if we put some info next to that first location field with explanation that the location is user's current location he/she lives and that user still will be able to search clients from other countries. It will decrease the number of posts like that raised on the forum.

Kind Regards.

you can search in any country you want to, nothing prohibits that, except when a job posting is marked as US-only. 

Just a personal note: stay away from offering to move to the US, it is really not that simple, and most people hiring a freelancer will not be interested in sponsoring your move, they want to hire you on hourly basis, not full time. Also, never ever work on a tourist visa when in the US. I would remove that wording immediately, if I were you....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS