🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mmohshin
Community Member

I have moved to Bangladesh

Hi Mohammad,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
813a3c7e
Community Member

Hello, I work back and forth from USA and Thailand, and I realized I'm in Thailand more and I should probably set it for here... but I can't change it.  Can someone help me change my city from USA to Thailand?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jesse, 

I've updated your country from the U.S. to Thailand. As a gentle reminder, please upload a professional photo of yourself. Here's a great article for more information on how you can enhance your profile that stands out from the rest of the users in the marketplace. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f249d4a3
Community Member

f249d4a3
Community Member

I am not in the USA but the country section is disabled and I can't change it

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mostafa, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lupis1974
Community Member

HI, when I started my account I wrote it was from USA but I live in Mexico, is there a way to change the country so I can add my actual address in Mexico and phone number? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5eb3a333
Community Member

I am new in Upwork, while creating an account mistakenly I choose the US as edit restriction Location due to which I am unable to verify the account using mobile number.I am based out of India and my mobile number is +919310771933. Requesting you to edit the location so that i verify my phone number accordingly

Hi Anshul,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to edit the phone number with country code. Can you please add
my phone number

+91- 9310771933

So that I can verify too

Hi Anshul,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text message of the error or a screenshot from your end so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petrinajo
Community Member

I was in the UK to complete my masters degree, and now I've since returned to Malaysia and would like to change my country profile from UK to Malaysia, and I'm still stuck at profile creation page.  Can't seem to do it from my end of things - can the Upwork Moderator please help like you have for the other users? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petrina,

Your Country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
keyssin
Community Member

I am unable to enter my Location while creating my new Upwork account. United States shows by default and I want to put India in my address. Please help.

Hi Pramod,

Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
basit9
Community Member

Unable to change my country while creating my profile , I am from Pakistan can someone help

aliyayy
Community Member

Hello! Could anyone please guide me on how to change the current location?

Hi Aliya,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as the location and we will be more than happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dademaagency
Community Member

I accidentually entered my country as USA, and now need to verify my +1 phone number which I don't have... What can I do?

Olivier Dadema

Hi Olivier,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks a lot! Please change it to The Netherlands. 

Have a great day!

Olivier Dadema

Thank you for following up, Olivier! Your Country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
basit9
Community Member

Hi. I accidentally added the wrong location while creating a new account now I can't receive the verification code because I can't add my number and hence unable to finish completing my account

Hi Abdul,

Please share the country where you are currently located so I can check this for you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
basit9
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie ,

I am currently located in Pakistan

Hi Asad and Abdul,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9576628b
Community Member

hello im a new user ,can someone help me please how can i changed the location in my account 

my default country is (San JoseCA )  i want to update it Philippines...

thank you leslie 

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
asad_usman22
Community Member

Hello,

I made profile while i was in Dubai and now i want to change it but i am unable to do so. Please help!

Hi Asad,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to change it to Pakistan.

Regards
chinhong
Community Member

Hi upwork team I have accidentally wrongly click the country as UK when I actually is in Malaysia then when want to register and submit for review I found that I cannot change the country already so please assist me in deleting this account and start Iver again. Tq

Hi Chong,

I went ahead and updated your country to Malaysia so you can continue with your registration. As a gentle reminder, please know that users whose accounts were closed are not allowed to create new accounts to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. If you would like us to close your account, please let us know so that we can proceed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I need to change my country from the US to Chile, can you help me?

Hi Michael, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
jotadg
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork time ago, when i created i was living in venezuela, now i am living in Spain, moved years ago but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Venezuela (locked, cant change) but I now live in Spain. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page where i cannot change it. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

A passionate designer, in love with colors, perform creative content in record time
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jorge,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address, and complete your application once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths