🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Julia,

Your country has been updated as well.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f6864113
Community Member

hi, I mistakenly chose Algeria as my country instead of Turkey. could you please help me?

Hi Ozge,

Your country has been updated to Turkey. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am originally from the UK but now reside in Norway. My country is still locked in as Britain even though my Google Account and everything else has been updated. That makes it impossible for me to fill in my address details properly... I'd also like to change my name from my nickname (Lexi) to my birth name (Alexia). Professionally I'm known by both but it still sounds better to have Alexia, so it can match my documents.

Hi Lexi,

Your country is now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need my country updated to Poland from the Us.

Hi Ahmad,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am still yet to be contacted by the way.

Hi Ahmad,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6d8d4fa0
Community Member

Hi!

During the registration i selected location Russia, as I am originally from there and thought it would be easy to update. But I am actually in China, and can not change the country.

Hi Konstantin,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
476bcf9f
Community Member

My country of residence has been selected by mistake as United Kingdom and I am unable to change it before I complete my profile. I don't have a UK address. I am a resident of India.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Surbhi,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
476bcf9f
Community Member

Thank you for the help 🙂

f7fa6456
Community Member

Hello there

While registering on Upwork, I filled in my country of origin to Nigeria. Upon getting to the last stages I got a display the US as country of origin. I would like to change it to reflect my current location. I'd appreciate any pointers.

Cheers

Nathaniel A wrote:

Hello there

While registering on Upwork, I filled in my country of origin to Nigeria. Upon getting to the last stages I got a display the US as country of origin. I would like to change it to reflect my current location. I'd appreciate any pointers.

Cheers

I needs to be your country of residence, not your country of origin or nationality. 

Thanks for clarifying this. How do you suggest I fix this?

I have tried going backwards to that point during registration but it seems I'm unable to track back.

Kindly advise
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathaniel,

Your country was updated as per your request to Nigeria. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nathaniel,

I would just like to confirm, are you currently located in the US right now?

~ Joanne
Upwork
f7fa6456
Community Member

Not at the moment. I am in Lagos, Nigeria.

Kindly advise.

Hi Nathaniel,

You country is correct, if you would like to update the rest of your address go to Settings > Contact Info > location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jutereno
Community Member

I signed up to Upwork while in Germany, but I live in Ireland. Now my profile's default country is Germany, how do I change that ?

Hi Julia,

~ Goran
Upwork
waqarsabir
Community Member

Hi, My address is showing Islamabad United Arab Emirates, It should be Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates

Can you please update it 

Thanks in advance

Hi Waqar,

You can update your address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

My account is locked to the UK while I now live in AUS. I need to verify my account however the mobile number verification is locked to the UK. Could you please unlock my account or update the details to Australia. 

Thanks

Hi Ari,

~ Goran
Upwork
66e28f41
Community Member

Hi 

I have selected wrong country while signing up my profile.

How can i update it to Pakistan? writenow, US is selected. I am unable to complete my profile. Help please.

Thanks

JZ

Hi Jahanzaib,

~ Goran
Upwork

much appreciated.

Thank you for the prompt response.

JZ

Hi Jahanzaib, if you can log into your account / profile, then it's pretty easy to make the correction. Just log in and check the top panel where you have several links. Place the mouse cursor on the Menu "Find Work" and there will appear a list of menu options. Select "Profile." On the profile page, on the right side, somewhere under your profile picture, you'll see a button labeled "Profile Settings." Click it and you'll be directed to the profile settings page. On the left side of the profile settings page, there are a number of settings. Click on "Contact Info." On the contact info page, the first section contains your basic account info. Scroll to the next one which is your location settings and click on the pencil icon located to the right of the word "Location." All the necessary options will be made available for you to edit accordingly.

b152
Community Member

Hi. My country is somehow being set to Estonia while I'm in Russia and I can not change it since when registering as a freelancer the country form is inactive. How can I change that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maxim,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to Russia?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b152
Community Member

Yes
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Maxim. Your country was updated as per your request!

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_mohammad_hassa
Community Member

Please change my country to Pakistan.

Hi Mohammad Hassan,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jessicatibbles
Community Member

Hello,

I recently looked into starting an Upwork account whilst I was traveling, but never finished the application. Now I have moved back to the States, I am trying to create my Upwork account again. My location is set to Indonesia on the application, and I have no way of changing it.

I have looked all over the forums and cannot seem to find a solution on my end. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Jayne

Hi Jessica,

Your country is already updated to US. You may now proceed with completing your profile. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
frafoiadelli
Community Member

i can not change the country so i can not put my number so i can not recieve any code to finally be able to create my account

i can't create my account there is always a problem

or the website has bugs or something 

but there is always problems trying to create one normal account

something that takes me 10 min max is taking few days beacuse everytime i try again something goes wrong

last time it did not let me save 

the other time i couldnt load the information

other time did not allow me to scroll

and today finally

but now at the end where i have to put my contact info i can not change the country "england" to Spain

so i can not put my number so i cant get the code to finally create this account

is so frustraiting i cannot beleive it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths