🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Francesca.

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to Spain?

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm setting this account up for my mother. Would you mind updating her country to Curacao (Netherlands Antilles)?

Hi Monique,

The location setting has been updated. However, please, note that sharing accounts and log in information isn't allowed and only the owner of the account should be logging into their account.

~ Valeria
Upwork
210c7189
Community Member

To whom it may concern

Dear sir/madam i have been living in nepal long time back now i am in India now when i try to use my Freelancer account for working i still see my previous old adrress now i want to change my address and currently i am living in India.

**Edited for community guidelines**     

Please help me to Change my Location to India. I don't live in Nepal any more. I look forward Positive respose from your team soon.

Best Regards 

**Edited for community guidelines**     

Diwakar Roy

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diwakar,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to India?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
210c7189
Community Member

Yes sir kindly update it to india. Thank you.

210c7189
Community Member

Sir still it showing Nepal and its not been changed yet. I request you to change my current country address India. Thank you.

154939f3
Community Member

Hello, i signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to US but I now live in the Turkey. Can you change it please? Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diwakar and Mutlu,

Your countries were updated as per your requests.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
criss_david
Community Member

My account's location has been set to United States by default and i don't know how this happened but the problem is that i can't change it to my original location which is Pakistan, i need help so i can continue the verification process and finish my profile.

Hi Criss,

Your country is now updated, feel free to finish your application once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm trying to complete my profile but can't change my country from USA to Canada. Can you help please?

Hi Noel,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!

ashish79276
Community Member

My country is set to USA by default and I'm not able to change it. I want to set my country to India

Hi Ashish,

~ Goran
Upwork
leealex27
Community Member

Hello,

I live in Germany, but when I create profile, it shows as Denmark in Location section and it is disabled to change. 
Please help with this problem.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Germany?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
n_ntombela
Community Member

Good Day , I am unable to change my United Kingdom location to South Africa. Pls assist me in changing it to South Africa.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noluthando,

Your country was updated as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, my name is Dawson Routier and I was setting up my profile and somehow it has selected the United Kindom as my country. And it will not let me change it to the USA. I currently live and have always lived in the USA and need this changed so I can complete my profile. 

We have updated your country as per your request, Dawson!

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
carolinavega46
Community Member

I have moved to a different country. How can I request a change of Address?

Yohana V wrote:

I have moved to a different country. 

Since Monday? That's impressive.

Where did you move to from the USA?

Hi Yohana,

Could you please confirm your current location so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork
fayez121
Community Member

Hello Guys, 

I am new here. Unfortunately, when I do register I choose the wrong country name. Now, I want to change that country. Can you guys tell me how can I do this Please? 

Regards

Fayez

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fayez,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I'm from Saint-Petersburg, Russia. But since 2018 I am residing in Dharamsala, India. Maybe I will stay here some kind a 3 years more, it connected with my studying process. Right now my profile country is "Russia", but maybe it should be the place where im actually staing now. If it is some strict rules about this, please, change my profile country to India. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergei,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Bojan

86980f7e
Community Member

Hi! I don't have an UK number in order to verify my account, only a Romanian one and for some reasons I can't change the location.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mara Roxana,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mariavanv
Community Member

Dear Upwork,

My profile states that I am in Austria, but I now live in the United States. Could you change this for me?

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Maria van Veldhuizen

Hi Maria,

Your country has been updated to US. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dacc7729
Community Member

Dear Upwork,

My profile states that I am in France, but I now live in Colombia. Could you change this for me?

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Hi Thomas,

~ Goran
Upwork
vnebolsin
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, 

When I was setting up my profile, I wasn't able to change my location from France (greyed out) to Brooklyn, NY where I currently live. When I go to change the location in my tax information (says I must change it here before changing it on my actual profile), it asks me for my password and then takes me back to the homepage once I've entered it. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks, 

Victoria 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victoria,

Your country has been updated to the US. Please try again to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
samanthasem
Community Member

Hi - similar issue, I signed up in the US but now live in Ireland. Could someone help transfer this over?

Hi Samantha,

Your country has been updated to Ireland as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths