cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Sourav D Member Since: May 13, 2019
911 of 1,056

hey i cannot change the country during profile creation from USA to India.Can anyone help me out

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
912 of 1,056

Hi Sourav,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

Untitled
Paige L Member Since: May 13, 2019
913 of 1,056
I'm not sure who exactly to message, but I'm stuck in the page where I'm finalizing my profile. It has my country selected as American Samoa by default and won't let me change my address to the U.S. I would really appreciate any help, thanks!
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
914 of 1,056

Hi Paige, 

Your account's country has not been updated to US. You should be able to update your address by visiting your Contact Info page in your Settings menu. Let me know if there's anything else our team can help you with.

-Avery
Untitled
Go A Member Since: Apr 9, 2018
915 of 1,056

Hi, 

When I was opening my upwork account, I overcome to choose country and it was stay there by default country USA. But My country should be India. So I can not complete the verification process. Please Help me out this problem, so I can verify my profile & apply for Jobs. It's Really urgent. If anyone can help me. I would be in debt to him/her. Please Help me out.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
916 of 1,056

The California street address isn't a default. How did that address appear?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
917 of 1,056

Hi there, 

Please know that you will not be allowed to sell your services as a company on your freelancer account. If you want to sell your services on Upwork as a company, please create an Agency account to be able to bid for job posts as a company. 

You may read more about managing an agency on this help article.

The team will follow up with you via email about your profile information.  

-Avery
Untitled
Teresa D Member Since: Mar 16, 2019
918 of 1,056

I am having same problem. My official address for billing purposes is in USA but I am currently in India with an India phone number so i am not able to complete the verification process as it will not allow me to enter my India number for verification code.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
919 of 1,056

Hi Teresa,

I just updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

Untitled
Linda H Member Since: May 13, 2019
920 of 1,056

Hello, i am having the same issue as stated in this feed. I am trying to set my account up and it was set to US where i am from, however, i am now living in Bolivia. I now only have a Bolivian number for the verification process and i cannot seem to change it to Bolivia. Please advise. Thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS