🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Amir,

Your country is now updated, feel free to proceed with your application once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi goran

but the cities are still for germany

and i want to change it to Batumi

Hi Amir,

Please clear your cache and cookies and then start with your Street address first. If you`re still seeing suggestions for Germany after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
zoho_developer
Community Member

I just signed up for upwork but my country is set to United Kingdom instead of india. Now I am not able to finish the profile setup.

Hi Zoho,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Zoho D wrote:

I just signed up for upwork but my country is set to United Kingdom instead of india. Now I am not able to finish the profile setup.

Seems your name is "accidentally" not your real, legal name as it appears in your passport?

87002b5a
Community Member

Hello please help me.

I had a client profile and I decided to do also a freelancer profile, but when I try to sign in I can't change US Country and I can't receive a phone sms because I'm not from US!

Furthermore the support doesn't work!

Please fix it

thanks

Hi Maurizio,

Your country is now updated, feel free to complete your application once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

now is stuckin Italy and I don't know why. I live in UK

Hi Maurizio,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies and double check your country? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
7e5c5326
Community Member

Hi! I moved to the UK from Slovenia and now I cannot change the country. I need to change it to enter my current address and submit my profile. What can I do about it? Thank you

Dinka

Hi Dinka,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
79ee7379
Community Member

Hi, I just signin with upwork but I have selected USA country. I want to change it to India.

Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

We changed your country to India as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hinaimran88
Community Member

Hi 

I want to change my country from UAE to USA. Please assist

Hi Hina,

Your country was updated to the US as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan

My country is changed to USA but I cannot add city of USA

Could you assist please

Hi Hina,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you

My country is changed to USA as requested but I cannot add any city of USA. Could you help

aki_merced
Community Member

Hi. Can I request help changing my location (same country, different city)? I moved three years ago and was never able to update. I also want to change my display name to a common variation (Jackie). Thanks!

Hi Jacqueline,

You can update your city by logging in to your account and going to settings> contact info> location. Just click on the pencil icon to update it. 

To request a name change, please also check under settings> contact info. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f02e72e3
Community Member

I am from India but on the contact info page, I am unable to change the country from USA to India.

Hi Utkarsh,

Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello team,
I regret to inform you that the dropdown menu is still showing all location
of the US. I am not able to select any city or state of India. PFA
Screenshots for the same

Hi Utkarsh,

I checked and it seems that you already updated your city.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
maryann_saligan
Community Member

I need to change my country to Philippines but i cannot click the dropdown for country, it is stuck in USA and can't be clicked.

Hi Maryann,

Your country has been updated to the Philippines as requested. Feel free to continue filling out your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d_mis
Community Member

Hi,

could you please change my country info to Russia?

Regards,

Daria

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daria,

Your country has been updated to Russia as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
giusy98
Community Member

I was living in the USA when I signed up. I live in Amsterdam, Netherlands now and would like to change the location.
Thanks for the help.
lopes_paloma
Community Member

Hello, i'm currently linving in the US and I can't change my adress. Can you help me?

Hi Paloma,

Your country has been updated to US. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile information. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
chelseakoressel
Community Member

I'm trying to change my country to the U.S. but I can't seem to do that. Please help!

Hi Chelsea,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
emanhamed93
Community Member

I am currently filling my application for upwork while being in Egypt and can't change my country to Luxembourg. Please help. Thank you

Hi Eman,

Your country was updated to Luxembourg as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mounirelogbani
Community Member

Hello all,

I can't change my country to Turkey, it's locked

Hi Mounir,

Your country has been updated to Turkey as requested. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
782109a3
Community Member

I began building my profile by choosing Japan (with Japanese marketing in mind) but I live in the US. Can someone help me edit my address/country, please?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths