🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can’t close the contracts
Page options
stasia_le
Community Member

Can’t close the contracts

I have few contracts opened: one of them was closed by the client already a while ago but yet stays as opened (he says that it doesn’t let him write a review because it writes that the contract is old or sth like that? This client was very happy with the work we’ve done).
I wanted to close the contract myself, but I simply don’t have this option available! When I press three dots on ALL unclosed contracts I have - it gives me only two options: write a message or propose new contract.
Why is it happening? It probably affects my ratings of finished jobs.
These contracts were not hourly based.
Please help me understand what can I do about it. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Stasia L wrote:

I wanted to close the contract myself, but I simply don’t have this option available! When I press three dots on ALL unclosed contracts I have - it gives me only two options: write a message or propose new contract.
Why is it happening?

You need to actually click on the contract itself and open it, not the 3 dots on the list of contracts.

To see your open contracts, go to My Jobs

Then click on the contract in question, it opens the contract. Now go to the 3 dots on the far right of your screen. That is where the "end contract" option is.

The fact that the client can't leave feedback would indicate that either the contract is still open, or the contract was closed by yourself more than 2 weeks ago.

In general, as long as money has been paid at some point and you don't have a huge number of such contracts, they don't hurt your JSS. It is, however, better not to let them pile up. If you can't get your clients to close the contract, close one yourself, one at a time (not a whole bunch at once which is not a good look) in between contracts that ended with feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members