🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't contact upwork support. Help!
Page options
rihab_write
Community Member

Can't contact upwork support. Help!

Delete.

Problem solved

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rihab G wrote:

But I needed to contact support today due to a client not responding, I wanted customer service to contact the client on my behalf. 

You really do not need (or should try to get) Customer Service to reach out to your client. If the client is not responding to you, it's because the client does not want to respond to you and trying to get Upwork to chase after the client, even if that was an appropriate use of Support time, which it isn't, will not make the client any happier. The client knows where you are and how to respond...

Clients are not required to respond to freelancers. If you don't have what you need to do the work you were hired for, stop working for that client and move on to your other work. 

If the work is done and you used Upwork correctly, you get paid automatically. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rihab,

Could you please send me a private message with the contract ID so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have sent you a direct message. 

Thank you so much for your help

With all due respect and I mean that sincerely, with Eli and it’s this was not needed there was a phone number you called the phone number and someone answered the phone with you all you call the phone number you get a voicemail it doesn’t matter if it’s 7 PM 3 PM to a.m. or 1 AM. Are used to be a long business member of Eli cats and I was hesitant To jump right off and go with your new company, But what I can tail was it seems like you all were a part of the lance just another name well I’m finding out differently I am not happy at all I have it looks like been scammed somewhat but my freelancer his broken about every rule possible when this contract initiated and as a result the project is not going to be anywhere close to on time and lastly I am just amazed that I have to come on this website spent 20 minutes finding this information and then I have to send you something for you to contact me back I don’t want to text or email I want to speak to someone at your company , If you can’t do that you all have no reason to be in business I tell you that even PayPal will give you a color code to contact them and you can speak to a live person as big as they are there is no reason at all did I can’t reach you that is insanity. Now I want to get someway iMessage where I can telephone number and speak to a live person or I guess I’ll just have to terminate
Let me warn you you’re not going to see any malfeasance or foul play when you look at the contract right away I’m gonna have to take you to another page of another freelancer to show you what I am talking about and I really don’t want to get in to all of that on here in the public domain so here is the contract number Contract ID
26434112, I will be anxiously awaiting your information so I can call management only by phone

Clayton, I can assure you that it is not Upwork's intention that everyone be able to call them.

There is indeed limited phone access, which varies depending on the time, day of week, and call volume, as well as who the person is (client, freelancer, Top Rated freelancer, etc.)

But the fact that you don't see Support Department phone numbers featured prominently throughout the site is not an accident. It is a reflection of the fact that although Upwork desires to provide excellent support to its users, its preferred method of doing so is not telephone.

I am also having trouble contacting a person, and the link in your answer is not working.

re: "I am also having trouble contacting a person, and the link in your answer is not working."

Douala:

All of us here in the Forum are real persons.

You just contacted us.

What is your question?

(Right here in this thread is probably going to be the fastest, easiest, best way for you to get your question answered. But if ou are looking for a working link for Support, you may use this: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us)

**Edited for community guidelines**

We advertised to have a website developed. See the advert for the details.

We finally got the website but it was it took forever to load, now it fails to load at all

see complaint attached

I lodged the complaint attached, but cannot find it in the complaints areas and l want to add more evidence of the shody end product

petra_r
Community Member

Kon T wrote:

I lodged the complaint attached,

You didn't "lodge a complaint" - you merely asked for a refund. That's the same as saying to the freelancer "Please give me some money back" - it doesn't "do" anything at all.

You can only dispute if there are still funds in escrow or it is less than 30 days since the last milestone was released to the freelancer. 
A dispute can only mediate. If mediation fails, it would cost you $291 to take it to arbitration.

Better to just pay someone to optimise your site and be done with it.

677b1fe6
Community Member

Its definitely less then 30 days since last payment

Not sure what country you're in, but in Australia, we're used to getting the service we pay for.

What you're recommending is to forget about it, which i'm not prepared to do crap workmanship should not be rewarded 

petra_r
Community Member

Kon T wrote:

Its definitely less then 30 days since last payment 

Then you will have to dispute, understanding that a dispute can not *make* the freelancer refund anything and that it would cost you $291 to take it to arbitration. Even if you went to arbitration and won, the $291 would remain "gone".

Clicking on "Request a refund" doesn't do anything other that "request".

Kon T wrote:

What you're recommending is to forget about it, which i'm not prepared to do crap workmanship should not be rewarded 

I am not recommending "rewarding" poor work. I am being realistic.

How much time and money do you want to spend to maybe get half of the money back.....

petra_r
Community Member

Rihab G wrote:

But I needed to contact support today due to a client not responding, I wanted customer service to contact the client on my behalf. 

You really do not need (or should try to get) Customer Service to reach out to your client. If the client is not responding to you, it's because the client does not want to respond to you and trying to get Upwork to chase after the client, even if that was an appropriate use of Support time, which it isn't, will not make the client any happier. The client knows where you are and how to respond...

Clients are not required to respond to freelancers. If you don't have what you need to do the work you were hired for, stop working for that client and move on to your other work. 

If the work is done and you used Upwork correctly, you get paid automatically. 

Thank you for your reply. I realize that my client is busy with other work and would not want to waste any support time either if this was not urgent. 

Other than contacting my client, I would love to know why contact support button is not working for me in any case.

Thanks a lot for your time

re: "and would not want to waste any support time either if this was not urgent."

How could this be "urgent"?

This is not even your project. And this is a project that belongs to a client who doesn't want to talk to you.

How could something that relates to someone else's project be an urgent matter for you?

I'm sorry but originally the reason why I posted this question is me not being able to use the contact support button.

Thanks

Rihab, this is what you are looking for:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Most every page you will see has a support icon at the top, which takes you to the Customer Support page.

re: "Not sure what country you're in, but in Australia, we're used to getting the service we pay for. What you're recommending is to forget about it, which I'm not prepared to do. Crap workmanship should not be rewarded"

Right now you are putting a freelancer first. You are trying to balance that freelancer's karma by making sure that the freelancer is paid fairly for the work that he did. You don't want to see that freelancer get paid for work that you are disappointed by. You are putting the needs and interests of an underperforming freelancer ahead of your own needs and the needs of your project.

I understand that you are disappointed in the speed with which the website loads. I understand that you want it to be better.

You will need to choose what you want to focus on:

- Your project

- The freelancer who created the website

You may chose to continue paying the freelancer more money to try to improve the website. Or you may hire other people to continue work on the website. Or you may hire other freelancers to start over. You have many options. You are welcome to use this thread to discuss ideas for how best to move forward.

But I can assure you that "refund thinking" only hurts clients. Refund thinking does not result in successfully completing significant projects.

You may be completely correct that it would be unfair for that freelancer to retain payment for the website he created, given the site's current performance problems. But your potential customers don't care whether or not that freelancer is treated fairly. They have never even heard of that freelancer. What they care about is that the site loads quickly and has the features they are looking for.

Preston 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I dont give a **bleep** about a shody freelancer its my project thats important and i want to get a refund to use that refund to pay someone to finish the job [ wether its here or elsewhere]

The freelancer did not complete the job as contracted and continuisly promised to do so.

Therefore l am seeking a refund, 

a. because l dont believe they earned their full fee and

b. because l will use the money towards completing the project property

The only reason l can to this forum is to get an idea on how to contact Upwork direct, as l cannot seem to find an easy 'contact us' button

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths