🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't download desktop app
Page options
e996b31b
Community Member

Can't download desktop app

I bought a new computer for work today and I can't download the desktop app. It says "We can’t find this page"

Could you help me, please? 

Thank  you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and can confirm this is a known issue that our team is currently working on resolving. We'll be updating this thread once we have more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
5a768ab1
Community Member

I am also experiencing this problem right now. Please help. 

5a768ab1_0-1662987661383.png

Hello,

I've been trying to install the desktop app but when I click on the link it says the page doesnt exist. Can you help me ? 

This morning i was prompted theres a new version of upwork app and that i should restart, I did.

Now, any time i click on "View proposal" or "View contract" from the "Messages" screen, it just opens windows file explorer. it doesnt open the browser and send me to that proposal.

pretty sure this is some kind of bug

Old bug. Many freelancers reported it before. I have it 2 weeks more.

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I checked and can confirm this is a known issue that our team is currently working on resolving. We'll be updating this thread once we have more information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dsmgdesign
Community Member

If the contract allows manual time, just use that. I know it's not "guaranteed," but I've been on the platform for 4+ years, and very rarely do I use the tracker. Out of dozens and dozens of hourly contracts, I got burned only once and was out $50 bucks. Not nearly enough for me to switch over and use the stupid time tracker. 

penano_ronnel
Community Member

Hi, I have a problem now of installing Desktop Tracker. The problem starts with my app not tracking and from what I have researched I need to sync the time so I did but still doesnt work. I tried to logout from the app and also uninstall it from my PC but now the problem is I can't dowload the app again from the website and there is a note I need to uninstall previous version .Could you please help me as I am not able to work. Hope I can fix this asap. Thank you

Hi Ronnel,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies then try to download the app again. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Feel free to check this help article for a quick and easy fix for the Desktop App.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

I tried clearing cache and changing broeser but still doesnt work. I dont think there is the same issue on the Help Article you have shared. Does completely deleting upwork app cache could help?

Hi Ronnel,

Thank you for your confirmation. I have escalated your report to the relevant team and one of the members will be reaching out with further assistance via support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have searched on this App for download but I am not sure if this is legit. Could you confirm?

Earlier, during the logout session of my Desktop app I have this (shown on the picture) that seems like loading forever thats why I just tried to uninstall the app. 

Hi Ronnel,

You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software and close any unnecessary programs that are running on your computer to complete the download. Please check this article for operating system-specific installation instructions. Please wait for your support ticket to be updated and coordinate with the team by providing all these screenshots so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
levisagrado
Community Member

Cannot download desktop app, when I go to the download page, the dropdown only says "select a version to download" but there are no other options to choose from.

At the lower part of the page there are 3 links; Windows, Mac and Linux, when I select windows, it scrolls up to the dropdown box with a "Download" button beside it.

When I try to select "Select a version to download" and click "Download", it send me to the next page which says:

Looking for something?
We can’t find this page, but we can help you find new opportunities.
Here are some places to start:

Get help and support

Error 404 (BFG)

RequestID: 78de88241b74402d-PDX

I am about to start my job tomorrow and I am aiming for efficiency. I hope this gets resolved.

Hi Levi,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
879f6282
Community Member

Hi, I can't download the app because there's no download "button" tried clearing cache and different browsers 
image_2023-07-01_040526618.png

Hi Kirolos,

Kindly check this link where you can download and install the operating system-specific Upwork desktop application. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
879f6282
Community Member

Still the same problem

No links avaliable

Hi Kirolos,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
emad-dev
Community Member

I confirm the download page is still broken, there is neither a download button nor auto-download.

I've searched for a working snapshot on web.archive.org [1], and I've found a recent working snapshot of the download page dated 2023/06/01. On the page, there is a list of the versions (32/64, Stable/Beta) with a WORKING download button. I've selected the version, then I can get/copy the download link from the button (right click the button then copy link), I've downloaded the 64bit version for Windows [2] (version 5_8_0_24), and I hope the application will update itself to the most recent version if any (I'm new to Upwork community, so I don't know if the application has such a feature of updating itself yet).

Anyway, the download link is from the official website "upwork.com", so I think there is no problem with this solution until the problem gets fixed.

Hope this helps.

Links:

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20230601033127/https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads/?os=windows
[2] https://upwork-usw2-desktopapp.upwork.com/binaries/v5_8_0_24_aef0dc8c37cf46a8/UpworkSetup64.exe

List of downloads & download buttonList of downloads & download button

Update:

Confirmed: The app has the ability to update itself (the most recent version now is: 5.8.0.31).

thank you very much

dal_raynan
Community Member

dal_raynan_0-1688960796864.png

How do I fix this error? I don't have any Upwork page open.. I'm trying to download the desktop app for the time tracker but it doesn't let me download.

Hi Raynan,

Could you please open the Task Manager on your PC by using the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del and try searching the Upwork Desktop App? Click on the Upwork Desktop App from the list and hit the End Task button to close the program from the background. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mohamedsalahfahm
Community Member

here is the link for mac os

Gevorg A wrote:

I bought a new computer for work today and I can't download the desktop app. It says "We can’t find this page"

Could you help me, please? 

Thank  you!

islammesha
Community Member

2d9a49ef
Community Member

Hello 

Am trying to download the Upwork time tracker but am not able. What should I do to anyone with the link?

386284b4
Community Member

Use Firefox instead Chrome.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members