cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download file from job posting

cucurigu30
Razvan B Member Since: Nov 11, 2017
1 of 6

Hello ! I have a problem with downloading a zip file from the job **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I would really need to be able to download it quickly so I can respond to the client with a proposal. not_safe_screenshot.png

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Razvan,

One of our team members will contact you via ticket and assist you with this.

~ Goran
Upwork
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 6
Razvan, if this happens again, you can ask the client to upload it somewhere like google drive or email it to you as an attachment.
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
4 of 6

John K wrote:
Razvan, if this happens again, you can ask the client to upload it somewhere like google drive or email it to you as an attachment.

I haven't heard of anyone succeeding with that strategy. I would recommend immediately asking Customer Support for a link to the file, or asking here (or both). If you're lucky, you'll get the file before other any freelancers do and you'll have a big advantage over them when you make your proposal. (I once got a job that way, because I was the only applicant who'd seen the file.)

P.S. Perhaps John's strategy would be better if the job posting is very new   and there are few proposals. In that case perhaps the client is still online and will immediately see your proposal and send you the file.

cucurigu30
Razvan B Member Since: Nov 11, 2017
5 of 6
Thanks for the replies, but how can talk with the client if not through a proposal ? Also, by the time the support center will help me, i would have lost the time advantage. I would've done a part of the job very fast cause it was simple and sent a sample to convince the client but the job has already been taken.

Maybe they should allow .zip files. Everybody works with archives, nobody will send you 10 .psd one by one.
richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
6 of 6

undefined:
Thanks for the replies, but how can talk with the client if not through a proposal ?

I think John was talking about asking for the file in a proposal.

Also, by the time the support center will help me, i would have lost the time advantage.

Your competitors are in the same position. If you're the first to ask Customer Support for the file, then you'll have the best chance of receiving the file first.

There's little point in expecting Upwork to change. And anyway, any change that makes it easier for you will also be making it easier for your competitors. The best thing is to look for ways of gaining an  advantage (relative to your competitors) given the current system.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS