Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't download files in Chrome

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
161 of 214

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
162 of 214

I've experienced the same issue with 2 clients recently, and I'm almost sure it's a problem with the Upwork site. My client was also unable to open the doc I sent him.

How are you going to enforce the new ToS rules regarding communication off the platform when it comes to issues like this?

*Edited to add image of error:

blocked file download.png

*Edited again to add: It's definitely an Upwork problem, because I'm able to open the files in Chrome when sent through gmail.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
163 of 214

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

How are you going to enforce the new ToS rules regarding communication off the platform when it comes to issues like this?

The answer seems to be that we should use file sharing services like DropBox. That's OK (though a little extra work) for me to send a file to the client. But for the other way round I'm not looking forward to telling potential clients who've never used one before that they have to learn how to do so.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
164 of 214

Richard W wrote:

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

The answer seems to be that we should use file sharing services like DropBox. That's OK (though a little extra work) for me to send a file to the client. But for the other way round I'm not looking forward to telling potential clients who've never used one before that they have to learn how to do so.

Yeah, I just saw the "clarifications" post about the new ToS rules. That's insane. Almost like they don't want clients & freelancers to communicate effectively.

Highlighted
Mike L Member Since: Jun 14, 2020
165 of 214

@Moderator 

Experiencing same issue in Chrome.  Dowloaded file.  Ten minutes later went to dowload same file second time and received error from Chrome.  No longer able to download.  Please advise on cause and fix.

Highlighted
166 of 214

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
R. Lee B Member Since: Aug 28, 2018
167 of 214

I'm having the same error... which has happened on this site before when something on the back end was changed by programming. What can we do? I have a very time-sensitive file the client is trying to send me and I'm stuck.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
168 of 214

Hi R. Lee,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Lisa B Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
169 of 214

I'm having this same issue.  Clients are getting virus warnings with my documents and can't open them, yet my computer is virus-free. 

Highlighted
170 of 214

Hi Lisa,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS