🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't download files
Page options
obika123
Community Member

Can't download files

Hey upwork team anytime I try to download documents sent to me by clients, it doesn't work it..All I get is waiting for connection 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Use something else.

FTP

email

USB flashdrive

Dropbox

Google Drive

Microsoft One Drive

iCloud

iDrive

WeTransfer

...and so many more tools are available. Use a real file transfer tool.

Upwork intentionally blocks many types of file transfers, or alters many files, in the name of security.

Upwork is not a file transfer tool.

If Upwork isn't working for you for file transfer, then why fight it? You don't need to struggle using Upwork for file transfers. You don't need to ask Support to help you transfer files. You can directly transfer any files you want using a dedicated tool.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Use something else.

FTP

email

USB flashdrive

Dropbox

Google Drive

Microsoft One Drive

iCloud

iDrive

WeTransfer

...and so many more tools are available. Use a real file transfer tool.

Upwork intentionally blocks many types of file transfers, or alters many files, in the name of security.

Upwork is not a file transfer tool.

If Upwork isn't working for you for file transfer, then why fight it? You don't need to struggle using Upwork for file transfers. You don't need to ask Support to help you transfer files. You can directly transfer any files you want using a dedicated tool.

39fb4645
Community Member

Hello Obika, did you later find the solution to the problem I am experiencing such a problem and I am a newbie.

Hi Pretty,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
39fb4645
Community Member

Thank you for your response but I am still finding it difficult to down a file a client sends to me.

Screenshot_20230302-111958.jpg

This is an unnecessary concern.

Use other tools for file transfers.

Why wait for Upwork? I don't wait.

Hi Petty,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try switching to a different internet connections and try downloading the file again? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much for your reply, I was having the issue when I log in with
the app but I tried logging in with chrome and it went through. Thank you
so much for your help.
raju42
Community Member

Hi, Maybe your net speed is not so high. Your client should use google drive or any other file transfer service. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members