cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit my profile overview

lianstephen01
Lian Jenica D Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
1 of 3

I wanted to edit my overview to add new skills. Its saying I need to ensure that there is no phone number or other contact info on my account. I don't have any and I've been using the same overview since day 1. Only difference is I add 1 to 2 more skills or platforms from time to time. Does this mean my account will be suspended soon? Please see attached screenshot for reference. 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 3

Hi Lian Jenica,

I checked this for you and once words "Skype" and "slack" are removed from your overview this error will stop appearing. Please, let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
3 of 3

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've had the same profile overview for a while; now when I go in to edit it, it immediately shows me this error before I even edit/change any text. 

I already opened a ticket with CS, but looks like they're going to take a while to find a solution, so I came to the forums to see if anyone else was affected by this. I tried Bojan's suggestion because I had the word "Slack" in my overview, and hey -- now the error message has disappeared.

However, I strongly object to Upwork flagging the word "Slack." That is absolutely ridiculous, and some clients require freelancers to use it when communicating with teams. How come, then, you accept words like "Basecamp" and "Trello"? They're all the same thing. I wish Upwork would be as strict when it comes to flagging the fakes, scammers and spammers on the site!!

overview editing error.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS