🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't enter degree in Education Info
Page options
bellaross
Community Member

Can't enter degree in Education Info

I'm trying to create my profile, but it won't register my education info.  I can put everything in until I get to degree.  I selected my degree from the drop-down list, but it still says in bright red "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." But I already did select the degree.  Then it won't let me press save.  I don't know what to do.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Isabella.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your Education section. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154

Hi Chris, Hanna, and Alexandria,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
deeperera
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same issue, I've cleared my cache and cookies and it's still not working.  Can someone assist please? 

Good morning. For some strange reason I am unable to fill in my details on: Education, Employment. It says that there is an error. No matter how many times I refresh the page, it doesn't allow me to fill in my details. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this issue?

Hi Tetyana,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

Can you help me with that too? 
I am having the same issue here. Cannot complete my profile because I can't find my University within listed universities.

Thank you

Hi Ivana,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
70bd706c
Community Member

I'm getting the same yesterday, and again today. I tried to clear the browsing history, cache, and cookies, also tried switching to Incognito and used different browsers, downloaded a new browser but still getting the same error. I almost tried all available Degrees thinking I can edit it later but nothing worked. "Other" is not working either.error1.PNGerror.PNG

I want to add my master's degree in Data Analytics but no matter what degree I choose. the system always this error "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list."

Please let me know how can i add my degree?

I tried all combinations of Master degree (Master of Science, Master's degree etc).

Attached is the screenshot. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shashi

Hi Shashi,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I got the same problem, when I choose Master of Information Technology (MIT) from the dropdown list the error doesn't go away. It says "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list.". I hope you can help me with this problem soon. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Ivana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your Education section. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Mary Donell,

I'm sorry to hear that it is still not working. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the exact same problem Mary Donell describes above. I have cleared my cache and tried multiple browsers/incognito, but I am still unable to advance from this screen despite selecting my degree from the dropdown. Screenshot below.

Capture.PNG

Hi Julie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your education information. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
387811e0
Community Member

Hi Joanne I'm having the exact same problem.  I'm trying to get ahold of someone that can help me

Hi Donovan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi everyone, I'm trying to build my profile and am stuck at the education piece. I select the appropriate degree from the drop down list, but still receive the error message to select the appropriate degree from the dropdown list. (See image below) It's the same no matter which degree I try to enter. I feel like Kafka. Does someone have a workaround? I've tried this both on my desktop PowerMac and my iPad. Obviously the bot Data does not understand the problem, and no one is reachable at the UpWork officeserrormessage.jpeg

Hi Kirsten,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with completing your education section.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same issues- I choose a degree from the drop down and it stays red. From these posts, looks like a system issue that needs to be addressed. Please assist. I tried Microsoft Edge, Brave, and Chrome. Same problem. Chrome and Edge have not been used before so there are no cookies to clear.Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Hi Christian,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Degree field in the education section is not working. I choose from the dropdown list but still it is not working.

Please help me out

Hi Shadi,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue. would like a support ticket.

Thank you!

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am trying to fill out my profile, and the UI will not allow me to select or enter any option into the "degree" field. I have tried selecting all of the autocomplete suggestions ("Bachelor's Degree", "Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.)", etc) but it will not accept any input. I see the message " Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." beneath the input and clicking the "save" button does nothing. I have tried this with Firefox and Chrome browsers. Any idea what I need to do to proceed?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm trying to create my profile, but it won't register my education info.  I can put everything in until I get to degree.  I selected my degree from the drop-down list, but it still says in bright red "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." But I already selected my degree. Help please. I see other people have had the same problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vanessa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with completing your education section. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cad99c83
Community Member

I am having the exact same problem, I have tried to enter degree info on various different devices, through the app and different browsers and it still says to select an appropriate degree. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meabh and Catherine,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello
I have the same problem, could you please help me too?
Thank you

Hi Jessica, Taib, and Rebecca,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am trying to add my education information to my profile and every time I click from the pre-selected options (Bachelor's and Master's), I get a notification in red text (see attached) that I still need to "select the appropriate degree", even after I have already selected it. I have cleared my cache and tried on other browsers already

Hello, I am building out my profile and it will not allow me to include what type of degree I earned, despite the fact I selected the option from the drop-down menu. Can anyone advise?

I'm trying to create a profile and everything goes smoothly apart from the education section. When I enter "Bachelor of Fine Arts" the option appears in the drop down and when selected it stays in the field, but I'm told in red lettering below to select an option from the drop down. Can anyone help me?

Hi Grant,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Ù

Hi Trezzer,

Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? Please let us know if you are still unable to view the selection to update your English proficiency. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Yes, I've already tried both. I'm having the same issue across browsers,
devices, and after clearing the cache and cookies.

I can input my bachelors, but not my masters or PhD.

Hi Mary Ann,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths