🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't enter degree in Education Info
Page options
bellaross
Community Member

Can't enter degree in Education Info

I'm trying to create my profile, but it won't register my education info.  I can put everything in until I get to degree.  I selected my degree from the drop-down list, but it still says in bright red "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." But I already did select the degree.  Then it won't let me press save.  I don't know what to do.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Isabella.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your Education section. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

154 REPLIES 154

The same issue is happening to me. Can you help me as well?

- the Brandalf

Hi The B,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared below:

• Please try clearing your cache and cookies or login in with another browser to add your education. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

I did try to do that, but it didn't help. I also tried different browsers: chrome, brave, edge - but it didn't solve the issue. Can you help by fixing it?

- the Brandalf

Hi The B,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your education. I would like to remind you that you also will need to add your full legal name on your account.
If you would like to work as a team you will need to open an agency profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How can I change my name now? When I registered for the first time, I didn't notice that I have to use my real name. Thanks.

- the Brandalf

Hello, I'm trying to set up my account, but I can't select a degree type from the drop-down menu. How do I fix this?

Hi Trayan,

Please try to clear your cache and cookies or login in with another browser to add your education. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your response, Goran. However, I've already tired that but to no avail. I've also tried using the app, as well as a different device.

Hi Trayan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your education. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue, even though i selected MBA still getting the same error 

"Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vikram P,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

I am experiencing this same issue. I have tried clearing my cache, and I have tried four different browsers across two different devices with no success. Some help resolving this would be great.

Thank You!Education Profile.JPG

Hi Neil,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the exact same problem as shown in the above screenshot. I already tried using a different browser, and clearing my cache and cookies. Please help!

Hi Marsha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What's happening with this? I haven't been contacted, or maybe I don't know where to find the support ticket.

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Marsha.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello - I am having the same issue (can't select anything from the drop down box in education) and I have tried your suggestions - please can someone fix it? Thanks

Hi Leah,

You should be able to save your education information without completing the degree field as it's optional. That way you can still submit your profile. Later on, you'll be able to go to Find Work> Profile and make changes to your profile.

We do have a known issue with the Education section of the profile where freelancers experience errors when adding their degree. Our engineers are actively working to fix this issue as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi The B,

Once you`ve submitted your application you will be able to go to Settings > Contact Info and update your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
260011ba
Community Member

When trying to set up a profile, on the education section I have an option to list my degree. However, the system does not recognize it when I select it from the drop-down menu. I have attempted this on both Safari and Chrome. Is there a fix for this?

Hi William and others,

We do have a known issue with the Education section of the profile where freelancers experience errors when adding their degree. Our engineers are actively working to fix this issue as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you should be able to save your education information without completing the degree field as it's optional and submit your profile. Later on, you'll be able to go to Find Work> Profile and make changes to your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
hannabaublitz
Community Member

I am having the exact same problem! I have attached a screenshot below. I have cleared all cookies and used different browsers as well. 

alexandria_henry
Community Member

I cannot enter in my school as it is not on the list. It says to just enter it anyway and it will ad it to the list. I am working in Chrome and I also tried in Safari with the same results. I type in the school name and hit enter as prompted and then it clears out the name completely. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.52.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.52.41 PM.png

I am also having trouble entering any degree type. I am able to select one from the drop down menu but once I select it it gives me a red error as if nothing were selected. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.52.55 PM.png

I also found the illusion of being able to contact someone directly frustraiting. I type out my issue then and shown some tutorials that don't help, then I'm asked if I still need help and am promted to this community forum. 

noworodowski
Community Member

I can't apply my degree in the education section. I've got the error message "Select the appropriate degree from the drop-down list". Any degree from the drop-down list causes this error. In any browser. What's wrong?

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 15.13.33.pngScreenshot 2020-07-09 at 15.13.39.png

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue with the degree drop down.  Can I please get some assistance? 

Thank you! 

Hi Dee,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dimitrovablagica
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I'm just creating my profile and I need it fast. When is the solution for the problem coming? 

j_stuhmiller
Community Member

Can someone please contact me from tech support about this issue? I cannot see any way of requesting help directly.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jacqueline.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with completing your education information. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
devilish3d
Community Member

I'm trying to create my profile, but it won't register my education info. I selected my degree from the drop-down list, but it still says in red "Select the appropriate degree from the drop down list." But I already did select the degree, then it won't let me press save.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Victor and Blagica.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e81a1451
Community Member

Hi there, I'm trying to sort mine also. It doesn't have the degree or master's I studied in the drop-down options but won't let me save unless I choose one? 

Hi Jennette,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths