🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't find my Identity verification option.
Page options
7fdd67d0
Community Member

Can't find my Identity verification option.

Hi there, 

I can't find Identity verification option in the profile settings. I got mail on 30 april 2021 from Upwork about Upwork Skill Certification Assessment, but to apply on this, first i need to verify my identity. 

Kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
NikolaS

Hi Hamza,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? Please add a screenshot of the email you received about Upwork's Skill Certification Assessment. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7fdd67d0
Community Member

Okay Sir! I have sent PM of screenshot of the mail came from Upwork. 

Is identity verification plays part in accepting cover letter ?

fe7bc56e
Community Member

Hi there, 

I can't find an Identity verification option in the profile settings.

Thanks

Hi Iresha,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

thanks sir,

i can get job but not doing id verification.

31baf68d
Community Member

Hi, Can I ask for Identity verification? I can't see that option on my Settings or profile

Hi Renesto,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
arifhossain_gd
Community Member

Hi there, 

I can't find an Identity verification option in the profile settings.

Thanks

Screenshot_1.png

Hi Arif,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
3b65fee5
Community Member

Hello, the same thing happens to me. It won't allow me to apply to jobs without verification and my profile isn't showing ant verification options so what do I do

Hi Maria,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding this. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the relevant team to review your concern and assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b65fee5
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, 

Thank you for the quick response. I realized the original message I wrote didn't properly explain my problem which is why I posted another one. I apologize for the confusion

Best, 

Maria 

a7936422
Community Member

Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. Can I send a proposal to a client in this situation? Can I apply for any job?

Hi Jeba,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. 

Yes! You can still submit proposals to potential clients even without having to verify your ID. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

just i am feeling this prpblem i can't search in my profile setting in identity verification 

did you solve it??

Hi Samsam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Additionally, I see that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
962dcb5f
Community Member

I can't find id verification tab in settings.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mihajlo,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
3ea46706
Community Member

Hi. How can I earn the identity verification?

Hi Kriziah,

~Andrea
Upwork
89b3e0e2
Community Member

Hi there,

I can't find the Identity verification option in the profile settings

Hi Habtamu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
004b6fa5
Community Member

Hello, I saw the above queries, I have the same problem, I do not have account verification and I do not see a prompt for such. My question is can I apply successfully for a job position without being verified?

Yes you can.

30cd143e
Community Member

still i am feeling this problem  i cant't it my profile setting in identity verification  can you solve for you sir?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths