🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't find my contract on Upwork anymore ...
Page options
suzayoub
Community Member

Can't find my contract on Upwork anymore and client disappeared

I signed a contract with my client and started doing work for him for about 1.5 weeks. When I wanted to add my hours in the work diary I couldnt find the Job in the list anymore, at this time too, he stopped responding to slack messages or emails. How do I get paid for the work I did for him, when I can't find their company in the Work Diary or the contract that I signed? Is there a customer support email?

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Suzanne A wrote:

I signed a contract with my client and started doing work for him for about 1.5 weeks. When I wanted to add my hours in the work diary I couldnt find the Job in the list anymore, at this time too, he stopped responding to slack messages or emails. How do I get paid for the work I did for him, when I can't find their company in the Work Diary or the contract that I signed? Is there a customer support email?

What do you mean you "signed" a contract and why didn't you use the tracker to track your time?

When you go to your My Jobs Page, is there a contract?

There really isn't anything customer support can do if you didn't track your hours with the tracker...

Looking at your profile, it does not look as if you were ever actually hired.

suzayoub
Community Member

By the time I wanted to enter my hours, I saw that the client name was not in the work diary. Then he stopped answering my messages. I have the entire conversation history in slack and email where I am sharing the materials I created for him and he was giving me feedback on it. Customer Support will not acknowledge this?

petra_r
Community Member

Suzanne A wrote:

By the time I wanted to enter my hours, I saw that the client name was not in the work diary. Then he stopped answering my messages. I have the entire conversation history in slack and email where I am sharing the materials I created for him and he was giving me feedback on it.

It does not look like you were ever hired at all.

Go to My Jobs > all contracts - is there a contract or isn't there? (Open or closed?)

Suzanne A wrote:

Customer Support will not acknowledge this?

It doesn't matter what anyone "acknowledges" - if you have no contract and never had a contract (a proper Upwork contract) and didn't download the tracker and track your time, there really isn't anything anyone can or would do.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Suzanne A wrote:

A contract on upwork is never signed. You have a contract only if you receive an offer and click on "accept offer". Make sure that the client's payment method is verified, then you are protected and will receive payment.

Either this client does not know how the platform works and is new like yourself, or did know how it works and took advantage of your inexperience. The best thing you can do now is educate yourself and never let that happen again. 

Thank you Martina. I just signed an NDA with the client and I am 100% sure that I accepted the offer from them on Upwork, but now I can't find it!

lysis10
Community Member

I found this out the hard way when some poop tier freelancer got my client suspended. If the client gets suspended (this is assuming you actually have a contract), the contract won't show on the list of My Jobs. You have to click "All Contracts" to see it and you'll see it's on hold.

But you would also get an email about this. I'm not sure if you had a contract, because most people who come here to complain about this never had a contract in the first place. But Upwork does hide the contract when it gets put on hold. 

suzayoub
Community Member

So, how will I know if the contract was put on hold? 

Nevermind I understand now. Thanks.

lysis10
Community Member

Suzanne A wrote:

So, how will I know if the contract was put on hold? 

It says "On Hold" below it.

petra_r
Community Member

Suzanne A wrote:

Thank you Martina. I just signed an NDA with the client and I am 100% sure that I accepted the offer from them on Upwork, but now I can't find it!

Please go to your All Contracts Page, and make sure the "include closed contracts" box is ticked:

Is there a contract or is there no contract?

If there is no contract, you were never hired.

Even if you had been hired, not using the tracker (had you tried to properly track your time, you would have noticed that you had no contract before wasting a single second on this...) would have meant "no protection" anyway.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths