🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't find my profile when search
Page options
bb5631d3
Community Member

Can't find my profile when search

Just few days ago when I used to search closed captioning upwork I used to see my profile there. Recently I don't know I am not getting any invitation and even I can't see myself in the search list. I have also shared a picture where I used to see my profile. Is there anything wrong?? I hope there will be a solution. Thank You Screenshot_1.png

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Prion,

Various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

If my profile does not show on search list. Then how will client find me?

Hi Prion,

Thank you for your response. Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

They won't. If you want clients to find you, then you must wait until it is your turn in the rotation again. So focus on applying to jobs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members