🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can't get Security Code for Initial Login
Page options
joshirwinrocha
Community Member

Can't get Security Code for Initial Login

I can't create a profile because I don't have a cell phone to receive a security text for two factor authentication. I have a home phone--shouldn't there be an option to get security code via phone call?

7 REPLIES 7
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Joshua,

You can opt for emailed verification codes when you don’t have your phone handy or can’t receive the code right now. This code will be sent to the email address we have on file for your account. This way there’s still two steps of security (password and code). Since only you have access to your phone or email account, only you will be able to get the security code either way. You may setup your two-step security verification by following the steps on this help article. Let us know if you have other questions! 

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello,

I followed the steps. It doesn't appear that there is an option in Security
to set up email verification. Also, I want to reiterate, I'm trying to
create an account--I've never had any cell phone linked to Upwork.

Thank you

Hi Joshua,

We followed up with the team and they will update you directly via a support ticket regarding the status of your account. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

JoAnn, I'm having the same problem. I am deaf and use my phone for texting only but it won't accept any calls or text messages when I am at home. Only when roaming. Been that way since I upgraded it. Can I get some help with email verification, please?

Hi Claire,

One of our team members will reach out via email and assist you further, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
samlobo
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I can't finish setting up my profile

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Samantha.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths