🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't get access to my upwork account
Page options
b6da1572
Community Member

Can't get access to my upwork account

I had to create this new account because otherwise you guys are unreachable.

I wanted to log in today with my account, I always signed in with Google. Today, each time I tried it failed, and displayed the message "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork".

I checked out a thread here about it, and the solution didn't work.

So I tried to contact you, but I couldn't because I have to be logged in. So I tried signing up again. So I pressed the button "Sign In with Google", and this time the message was "That email is already in use on Upwork". (pic below)

So, apparently you can detect it, but it can't be used to get access somehow.

So I created this account to communicate with you, but I used the different email I used to sign in with Google.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mazlum,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mazlum,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, same here. I created this new account inorder to contact support and also because I could no longer access the email I used on my old account. I would like to change the email on my old account and after request to delete this new account.

Hi Ma Gilda,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey guys. I've been having the same issue. This is my new account, as I just can't access my other one. I've even sent countless comments on the Google Play Store to try and get some help before I created this new account. My previous username was "**Edited for Community Guidelines**." and my gmail was **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Currently it says "Google account is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork." I still have money there I need to withdraw. Please help.

Hi Cesar,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to access your other account. As a friendly reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS. I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
95ac53b3
Community Member

Hello! I have the same problem. I created this new account to contact support because I could not login with my old  email. The  error occurs  "Oops! Username is incorrect".

I want to return my old account and delete the new one when the problem is solved.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amal,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue. I created this new account inorder to contact support. Today when I tried to login with google it suddently gave me error message that google account can't be recognized for google login. It was working fine before and I never received any message. My gmail is**Edited for community guidelines**. Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Hi Yiling,

I checked with the team and they have confirmed that one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello have been having some problm with editing milestone. I and my client agreed already. Now we also had an additional payment now I was wondering when I am editing the milestone. Do I need to put the first agreeable payment or the 2nd one after the addition has been made. I would really appreciate your feedback since the deadline is 17th March and it's already 17th and I don't know if that will affect my profile. Thanks

Hi Nancy,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have reached out to our team about this issue. One of our team members has updated your ticket and provided more information. Please check the information they shared by logging in and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork

I had to create this new account to contact you guys.
so my problem is
I wanted to log in today with my account, I always signed in with Google. Today, each time I tried it failed and displayed the message "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork".
I tried to contact you, but I couldn't because I have to be logged in So I created this account to communicate with you, but I used the different email I used to sign in with Google.
I still have money there and have some works to submit.

Please help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Ashvin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. I can't login with my old  email, the error message is "Google account is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."I created this account to contact support but I would like to log in with my old account and delete the new one when the problem is solved.

Hello Dee,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I'm facing the same issue. Unable to log in to one of my Upwork accounts using Google. It shows error as below,

"Google account p...6@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

Please advise

Hi Siva,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I made this account to reach you.

I have the same issue. I am trying to log in to my old upwork account but it says it doesn't recognise my email or username, yet when I try to create an account with that email upwork tells me it is already in use. Could you please help me?

Thank you

Hi Hugo,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello! I have the same problem. I created this new account to contact support because I could not login using my old email. I have set-up a two step authentication using my phone but cannot use it because I cannot even sign in using the app. 

I want to return my old account and delete this new one when the problem is solved.

Hi Karen,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
691ee0fe
Community Member

I am also having the same problem. I too had to create this account for reaching to out to the customer service. Please help me fast as I have an ongoing order of 100$ and if I don't respond to them they might cancel my order. Please help asap.

Thanks,

Shreyash Sinha

Hi Shreyash,

Could you please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check? Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
zouarisamia
Community Member

I have the same problem,please help me .

Hi Samia,

Could you please send us more information about the problem you are having? If you can, please share a screenshot so that we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

##- Please type your reply above this line Hello,I was hospitalised and I
think I will die but ,I feel better when I connect to access to my account
all of my account are deleted and also le phone number SIM is
deactivated so I can't access to you so please help me-##

Hi Samia,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you'll be okay.

We can go ahead and close your account for you. Would you like us to do that? If you were referring to another account, you can always send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address so that I can check.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Thanks
for your help I appreciate my account upwork is **Edited for Community Guidelines** 
"z.samia" and I have more than $250 and more than 50 clients so I can't
delete it .Thanks ##

Hi Samia,

Thanks for following up! One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for you.

e51e77b2
Community Member

I can access mobile but not on my lap top
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with accessing your account. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hectormoncada
Community Member

Hello, I am having exactly this same problem accessing my account, I am trying to check the proposals of my offer, and the platform it's not allowing me, is there anyone who could contact me to solve this issue today? It is very uncomfortable and it's determinating a delay in my tasks. 

Thank you! 

Hi Héctor,

It looks like you were able to log into your account just recently. Please reach back to us with more information if you're still experiencing any issues with accessing your account so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fc18bfc5
Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem. I can't log in with my account showing incorrect username but showing i already have an account in signing up. I just used another email to log in. Can someone help me please? I can send a photo for proof. Thank you

  

Hi Dannie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
fd309d03
Community Member

Hello, I am also facing same problem.

Hi Absar,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f700f1e3
Community Member

Hello, have the same problem with my email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members