🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can't get desktop app to open
Page options
ilannamandel
Community Member

Can't get desktop app to open

I finally got an Upwork client and have been working with them for 2 days. But they're in Australia and it's 4 am there. I have to complete this work in the next couple of hours for them. For some reason the desktop app isn't showing anywhere and I can't track my hours. I even re-downloaded it and nothing.

Any advice here? 

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

What OS? For Windows 10, just type upwork in the search text box and the app will show up. If it's not there, then it probably didn't install properly. For Windows, right-click the executable and choose Install as Administrator. 

It was working fine until this morning. Then, it doesn't show up anywhere. It can't delete itself! So, I reinstalled it and it's still not showing anywhere. 

ILANNA M wrote:

It was working fine until this morning. Then, it doesn't show up anywhere. It can't delete itself! So, I reinstalled it and it's still not showing anywhere. 

Yeah, that's weird. If the reinstall failed, then it might not show up. I would download it from here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064088-Install-the-Desktop-App?flash_digest=d5918ff7...

Right-click the downloaded file and choose run as administrator if you have windows. I had issues with it on Windows 7, but not Windows 10. Running it as admin fixed my install problems on Windows 7.

If that doesn't work, hopefully the client allowed manual time.

Thanks the contract has ended so it's not an issue today. But when I right click that option to install as admin never shows up.

I tried to reinstall but the program said the old files are still there and they can't be deleted. 

ILANNA M wrote:

I tried to reinstall but the program said the old files are still there and they can't be deleted. 

That usually means the program is still running. Right-click the taskbar and open Task Manager. Find the Upwork process and kill it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members