cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install the Time Tracker on openSUSE

Highlighted
Vladimir G Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
1 of 31

I am an openSUSE user and can't install the rpm. There is a beesu dependency error, because it is no longer supported by openSUSE.

I tried to install the Fedora beesu package, but other dependencies were missing. The oDesk Team app had an openSUSE support, what happened?

I would appreciate any help. I can be a tester for openSUSE build.

BEST ANSWER
2 of 31

Best Method:

You will have to install the upwork dependencies: libgcrypt11, libudev0, libgpg-error and others (if not installed) before this command:

# rpm -i --nodeps upwork_x86_64.rpm

Thanks to: Aleksey K, Malay P

Alien Method:

Solved this problem by using the .deb package. Here are the steps to successfully install the Upwork Time Tracker on openSUSE (Leap 42.1, 64 bit):

1. Download the .deb package (the beta package, the one I used)

2. Add the alien repo (you will use alien to convert .deb to .rpm) and install alien.

3. Open the terminal and go to the directory the .deb package was downloaded. Ex.:

# cd Downloads

4. Install rpm-build, if not installed. In my case, it's the only dependency alien required for generating the .rpm package (root required):

# zypper in rpm-build

5. Let's generate the .rpm (root required):

# alien --to-rpm upwork_amd64.deb

6. Voilà! The openSUSE .rpm package is ready. Can't install it yet (2 more dependencies required). Install the libgcrypt11 (it's from openSUSE 13.2, the Leap package has some bugs at the time of writing). Root required:

# rpm -i --nodeps libgcrypt11-1.5.4-2.1.x86_64.rpm

7. The 2nd dependency is libudev0. Add the repo and install it.

8. Now you can install the generated openSUSE .rpm (see step 6).

9. Find the Time Tracker in the menu. Happy Upworking!

Predrag M Member Since: Dec 9, 2015
3 of 31

This actually doesn't work.

it does't cover beesu dependancy and XScrnSaver

Any update?

Aleksey K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 31

Does not work for me:

THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK
Please check your internet connection and restart the app.

/usr/share/upwork/upwork: /usr/lib64/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.11)
/usr/share/upwork/upwork: /usr/lib64/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.11)
[0220/220443:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(226)] Running without renderer sandbox
[0220/220443:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(226)] Running without renderer sandbox
[0220/220443:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(234)] GLib-GObject: invalid cast from 'GtkExpandedContainer' to 'GtkWindow'
[0220/220443:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(234)] Gtk: IA__gtk_window_set_title: assertion 'GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
[0220/220443:WARNING:backend_impl.cc(1771)] Destroying invalid entry.
[0220/220443:WARNING:nss_ssl_util.cc(359)] Unknown SSL error -12218 mapped to net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
/proc/self/exe: /usr/lib64/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.11)

5 of 31

You had to install libgpg-error.

6 of 31

Installed libgpg-error0 

7 of 31

support proposes faster way:

download version for fedora and just do:
rpm -i --nodeps upwork_x86_64.rpm

that works, but still get this error:
THERE WAS A PROBLEM LOADING UPWORK
Please check your internet connection and restart the app.

Richard F Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
8 of 31

I'm having issues installing the Upwork TimeTracker on OpenSuSE 13.2

The alien (deb->rpm) conversion, (refered to in this thread) seemed to work fine, in that the unfulfillable beesu dependency was at least skipped over. The app. installed successfully, BUT, then apparently no network could be found, even though a valid internet connection is clearly visible in the screenshot.

Helpful suggestions anyone?

upwork-network-problem-with-time-tracker-app.png

Richard F Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
9 of 31

Belay this error report. I used the Linux Troubleshooting link to install version specific libnss3 library (3.19.1) required for the Upwork Time Tracker to work. Once these steps were completed, the TT works fine. So far...

Clunky process, but at least it works.

Istvan P Member Since: May 7, 2015
10 of 31

This doesn't really work on Leap. I did manage to install it on 13.2 before (with my method, just by resolving dependencies), but now I get:

2016-10-18T09:56:27.609402+02:00 TP-Istvan upwork.desktop[6757]: [1018/095627:WARNING:nss_ssl_util.cc(370)] Unknown SSL error -12218 (SSL_ERROR_ENCRYPTION_FAILURE) mapped to net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS