🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't land any jobs
Page options
teddysx
Community Member

Can't land any jobs

Hello,

In the past year, maybe year and a half I've lost top rated status, I've lost rising talent status and I've lost the ability to get jobs from this platform. Ever since I started on Upwork about 5 years ago I've been able to consistently earn around $1000-2000/year. With the covid situation and the introduction of connects I started noticnig a drop off in clients and this has now reached a new low - I can't even remember the last time I actually found a client on Upwork. I had to go back through my statements to find out that I've made a whopping $10 in the past YEAR. What? Can someone explain to me what has changed? Outside of an increasing number of "fake" jobs and the surge of agencies from India (no thanks) there aren't that many jobs appearing in my field (English>Czech translation), but this is not a new thing, this has always been like that, though before I was able to land these jobs. Now I am not.

Here's what I've tried

1) Changing my schedule

2) Taking my time with elaborated and detailed proposals

3) Boosting my proposals (does this even do anything?)

4) Applying to sketchy jobs - unverified payments/first time posters (please don't do this, you will only get scammed and lose your connects)

I'm truly at a loss and would appreciate help from anyone.

1 REPLY 1
diannejean
Community Member

What is your genre?  Maybe connect with other freelancers in the same genre and when they decline a job, they can refer a freelancer?  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths