🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't leave feedback to client.
Page options
richardrader
Community Member

Can't leave feedback to client.

I completed a short contract today and got the typical "Your contract has ended" email. I click the "leave feedback" button on the email and it took me to a "Allow Client To Change Feedback" screen which is odd as I am simply trying to leave feedback. I go to the feedback tab and see that all of the reasons for ending the contract are negative and there is no "Completed Job Successfully."

I do see the contract is set to canceled instead of closed so I am wondering if she clicked on the wrong thing to close the contract?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard R wrote:

It was hourly. I logged about 30 mins in the time tracker. The job was completed successfully and she said she would have more work for me later on. So I am assuming it was canceled accidentally when trying to close the contract.

If time was logged it should not be possible to cancel. Double check the time is against the right contract!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Hourly or fixed?

If hourly, did you log time?

If fixed rate, did the client approve the milestone?

It was hourly. I logged about 30 mins in the time tracker. The job was completed successfully and she said she would have more work for me later on. So I am assuming it was canceled accidentally when trying to close the contract.

Richard R wrote:

If time was logged it should not be possible to cancel. Double check the time is against the right contract!

Its the right contract I included an image of it below. It says "Canceled by Client" and then has hours logged below.

img.png

Hi Richard,

I checked the contract I believe you're referring to but was not able to replicate the issue showing in your screenshot. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if that helps? 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

It worked thanks! I should have cleared cache earlier.
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I think it's a bug, because I've had the same thing happen to me on my last two contracts. I got an email saying that the project was closed and would I like to leave feedback for the client, then when I clicked on the link (from the email) it took me to a screen that said "Are you sure you'd like to enable the client to change their feedback?" No idea why that would happen, since I hadn't even seen the client's feedback, much less asked them to change it. But when I cancelled out of that screen, I was able to leave feedback normally, and everything was fine.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members