🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't login through authenticator
Page options
63d96221
Community Member

Can't login through authenticator

I can no longer access my account using the authenticator because I changed phones and there was no way for me to connect with the authenticator again. Is there a way to remove it and elect another form of verification instead? Thank you!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irvin,

If you need help because you don't have access to your authenticator app anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

125 REPLIES 125

Hi Chaudhry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
6477bbbd
Community Member

Every time I try and access my settings it asks me to enter a 6 digit code sent to my authenticator app. I don't have an authenticator app and never set one up with my account. How am I supposed to access my settings?

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out. One of our agents will be assisting you further directly via a support ticket to assist you with accessing your Settings. You'll also receive an email notification with their message. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
6477bbbd
Community Member

I haven't been contacted by anyone

Hi Thomas,

I have followed up with the team and one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
gabrealdesigns
Community Member

are you logged into your upwork account on any other device?
You will have to edit it from the settings.
also, it brings out other options to sign in incase the authentication method is not available at the moment 

7d841301
Community Member

I recently reset my android phone. I had the authenticator app on my phone, it got deleted. Now I can't change anything in my profile.
Now how can I connect it to my phone again.

md ruble

Hi Rubel,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ycarale
Community Member

hi, i cant log in on my phone because it says i need to send the code from the authenticator app. i don't remember setting up this type of verification, too. 

Hi Yasmine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
pammygale3
Community Member

Why isn't the Upwork website accepting my authenticator app 6-digit codes?

I was finally able to install the Google Authenticator app and went through my google account settings to set it up by scanning the QR code. So now, when I go to Upwork, which asks me to verify a code through a 6-digit code, my authenticator app makes one available. But there is a problem. When I put in the 6-digit code, Upwork says it is invalid. So I wait a few seconds for the authenticator app to regenerate another code. It does, and I enter it, but Upwork says the same thing, "the code you entered is invalid." I'm not sure how this authentication app is supposed to work, but it seems to work well on my end. Why isn't the Upwork website accepting my authenticator app 6-digit codes?

Hi Pammy,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this here in the Community. I've also shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Same here and since this keeps happening all the time I can't understand why no one from Upwork neither answered the question nor fixed the ongoing issue. Yes, I can log in with the key being sent to my email but I don't wanna do it every time I'm logging in smh. Admins, moderators, do something about this already please

Hi Boris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We certainly understand your concern and I can confirm that there's no existing issue with our Two-step verification Security process. The Two-step verification (also known as two-factor authentication) helps protect your account at login by requiring you to enter a one-time code in addition to your password.

However, you can remove your two-step security verification at any time.

1. Go to Settings  Password & Security
  2. Choose Edit next to your chosen verification method
  3. Choose Delete
  4. Confirm to delete and disable the verification method

I hope this clarifies. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
7f1352c6
Community Member

I changed my phone and was not able to transfer my existing information as my previous phone was already damaged. I installed a Google Authenticator app in my new phone. I already set up my account by scanning the QR code. I can access to the 6 digit code but when I'm inputting it, Upwork says it is invalid. Thanks for the help

559282fa
Community Member

I lost the old phone number I used for 2FA but I'm unable to submit the form, it says that I need to fill all the fields but all of them are filled, can you help me with this?

also, why is there no way to contact support directly I spent much time looking for a way but I found nothing, this is the first time I have had such an experience, I expected better, I had to open this temporary account so I can post here!

Hi Abdesamed,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e992b3dd
Community Member

Dear Upwork support

I am unable to log in. Please contact me through my email so we can talk. 

Regards,

Lee 

Lee Nusbaum 

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b2ba7dd1
Community Member

2 step verification is not working.   i have an android phone.    doesn't work for the app nor for texting.

please advise.   as you are warning that we can't pay or get paid without it.

Hi Robert,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ramavarapu_subra
Community Member

Hi,

Recently, I  created my account and installed Authenticator App. However, I am unable to access authenticator app as I lost my phone.

Could you please suggest alternative method

Regards,

Aditya

Remove 2fa via support.

Hi Subramanya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
356f0387
Community Member

Hello, unfortunately, I lost access to the authentication app. Could you help me pls?

Hi Kamil,

I see you've contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your concern. One of the team members has responded and confirmed that you were able to log in. Please don't hesitate to update your ticket by replying to the email sent by the team; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2d707977
Community Member

My friend, a fellow freelancer on Upwork activated a 2F authentication using her phone number. For nearly a month now, she has not been receiving these codes from Upwork and cannot login to her Upwork account, buy connects or track her time using the tracker because all these features are on the web app and requires a login.

She cannot even chat support to rectify this issue as it requires her to login to her Upwork account so she pleaded I help her raise this issue here.

What can she do as she cannot chat support and the 

Hi Jennifer,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by your friend. I regret to inform you that I will be unable to discuss other user's accounts with you for the security forum. Please request the account owner to contact us directly for better assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for your swift response, but she cannot contact Upwork support
directly since she cannot log into Upwork's web application. Each time she
tries to make a request, she is redirected to the web app which requires
her to get a code before she can login or get personalized services. Right
now she can't send proposals or even track her work time using the tracker
because she has to login and logging in requires 2FA code which Upwork
never sends.

Hi Jennifer,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. Please be aware that they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. Please have her visit the Contact Support page and click the "Chat with Upwork" button.

~ Arjay
Upwork
12f04c2f
Community Member

Hi. guys.
I received mail & notification which access from unknown-device from the upwork when I try to login.
According to the mail, I reset the password, then tried to login agin. 
but I got same mail & nofitication.
I tried twice of that process, but still same result.
How to fix that?
Hopully wanna sovlue this issue.

Hi Galen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties logging in to your account. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2af8effa
Community Member

Hi,

It's for a long time that I have not connected to my account (since then I moved to another country). Today, I tried to connect to my account and I had a message about authenticator app code  because of a new IP address. But I have never installed any authenticator app.

I tried to connect with my VPN on my computer and that worked. But I had a pop-up to remind me about installing the authenticator app. I scanned the QR code to install the Upwork app. And then, when I tried to connect on Upwork app, it asked me for the authenticator app code again ? I totally got stuck with that. I need an authenticator app code to be able to install an authenticator app ? I turn around a circle 😞 

Anyone has the same issue? my account is completely blocked with that, I can not do anything.

Thanks

Hi Victoria,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

##- So sad for you !-##
aaf95312
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Support,

I'm facing a critical issue – I can't access my main Upwork account where I've built up significant work history and earnings. 

My efforts to regain my account access through Upwork's provided options have failed, as I had not set up an authenticator app nor provided enough bank data to fill out the verification form. 

The core of the matter goes beyond just an inaccessible account: I am encountering significant difficulties in seeking support from Upwork online. The requirement to sign in for accessing customer support presents a paradoxical situation, as the very issue I need assistance with is the inability to sign into my account due to the new authentication system. . This "chicken and egg" scenario has left me without a clear pathway to resolution and has significantly impacted my operational efficiency and my financial well-being. As a last resort, I've created this new profile to seek support. Please assist me in regaining access to my original account. Thank you.

Hi Paola,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance on your account concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a628c99e
Community Member

Hello,

I can no longer use my authenticator app because I have reset my phone. When I click on "try another method," it redirects me to the "Two-step Verification Reset form" page. After filling out all the fields, I clicked on the submit button, but nothing happened. I tried to do the same thing using the Upwork chatbot, but I'm not receiving a confirmation email.

Additionally, I have encountered some unusual conversations with the chatbot. To assist me, it requests that I log in, but my issue is that I cannot log in. I had to create a new account to post this message.

Please, can anyone help me regain access to my account?

Hi Samir,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7b303c62
Community Member

I'm trying to set up 2FA for my account but no matter what option I choose I never get pass a certain prompt.  Like the image here. Any help on this? Thanks. GZObV9o

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths