🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't login to Upwork desktop app. It says "D...
Page options
79edebe5
Community Member

Can't login to Upwork desktop app. It says "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process y

When I login to the Desktop app I get the error "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later" What to do. I have waited for 2 days and I am undable to track time

30 REPLIES 30
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paramjit,

I would suggest following our troubleshooting steps in this Help Article. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after following the steps, please refer to the section "How do I report a problem?". Once you submit a ticket directly from the app our team will be able to investigate it and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also have the same issues for days now.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma. Theresa, 

Could you please confirm if you were trying to log-in with your Google account's credentials? 

~ Avery
Upwork
ghostzkie
Community Member

Hi Avery, I'm also having problems on logging in on Destop Aplication on upwork. 
I'm signing in using my google account. I had no trouble for the past week. This Just happened this week. 

I already uninstalled the desktop app and reinstalled it also. On the website I can login with no problem except some delayed emails. 

Hi Aston Jon,

Could you please login to your Upwork account via browser, and kindly go to your Settings > Connected Services > and disassociate your Google from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in through the app with your Upwork credentials. You can also check this help article for more Upwork Desktop App troubleshooting steps. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey,

I'm facing difficulty while login into Upwork Desktop app on Mac. It says, "Unknown Error has occured".
Attached screenshots.
While I'm able to login in browser.

Thanks,
Lekha 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lekha,

Could you try reinstalling our Desktop app and see if you`re still experiencing the same problem? You can also check out this Help Article and learn more about troubleshooting the Desktop app. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried to unistall and install again. But still facing the same difficulty.

My Mac OS sx Version is: 10.14

Thanks,
Lekha

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the follow up, Lekha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the Desktop app. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I've been getting the same error using my Mac. I've restarted my laptop, deleted and reinstalled the app- still to no avail. 

Hi Angelica,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Has this been resolved? I too am having the same issue when trying to log into the app on my Mac. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alyssa, 

Could you please confirm if you were logging in to your Desktop App with your Google credentials?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi ,

I  experienced the same problem. It says "An unknown  error has occurred." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most updated version of the app but still not let me sign in.  Please see the screenshot of the error. 

Please help as I need to use my tracking app to work for my client.

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dianne,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi There,

I'm also having issue with logging in to several devices. "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Tried the troublehsooting steps but it didn't work.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you.

Hi,

Try to clear the cache by going to the Upwork icon (found in the Activity bar on upper right) then Settings --> Clear cache and Restart

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Pam
veronica_nv
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I re-installed the app and I still get the "An unknown error has occured". I'm on a mac as well  

Hi Veronica,

Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi There to a fellow Veronica! I am having this same issue and I havent seen a fix for us MAC users, have you heard anything or got it working?

Hi Veronica,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared here? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

Could anyone advise whether this issue has been resolved? I'am experiencing the same. It shows An unknown error has occured using the desktop app in Mac, thus I'm unable to log in.

I have done basic troubleshooting, installed and uninstalled, still nothing.

Appreciate your quick action on this.

Kind regards,

Pam

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vanessa Pamela,

Could you please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running? Please right-click on that and go to settings to check if you're logout. If not, please logout and click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

I am not signed in through Google. Still unable to log into desktop app from my Mac. 

I have done these troubleshooting steps. Still unable to. Everytime I login it still shows An Unknown Error has occured.

Please assist and advise resolution on this asap.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Vanessa Pamela

Hi Vanessa,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

Thanks! 

I've done all actions from Upwork's list to troubleshoot but unfortunately it doesn't help.

I've basically searched it myself and found one of the Mac users whose advised worked for me Smiley Wink

I've cleared the cache by going to the Upwork icon (found in the Activity bar on upper right) then Settings --> Clear cache and Restart

Kind regards,
Pamela

Hello Pamela,

I can confirm that clearing the cache worked! 

Thanks for the tip.

Regards

Marvens 

Yes, this worked for me too, clearing cookies by visiting https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/clear-cookies

thanks 🙂

6orus9
Community Member

Same for me ("An unknown error has occurred") clear cache didn't help

Upwork app version: 5.4.2.8

MacOs version: 10.13.6

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmytro,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths