cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Upwork desktop app. It says "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process y

vorosco
Veronica O Member Since: May 27, 2020
21 of 31

Hi There to a fellow Veronica! I am having this same issue and I havent seen a fix for us MAC users, have you heard anything or got it working?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
22 of 31

Hi Veronica,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared here? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
pampalerky
Vanessa Pamela S Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
23 of 31

Hi, 

Could anyone advise whether this issue has been resolved? I'am experiencing the same. It shows An unknown error has occured using the desktop app in Mac, thus I'm unable to log in.

I have done basic troubleshooting, installed and uninstalled, still nothing.

Appreciate your quick action on this.

Kind regards,

Pam

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 31

Hi Vanessa Pamela,

Could you please look at the system tray where the Upwork icon should be running? Please right-click on that and go to settings to check if you're logout. If not, please logout and click on the application icon and log back in.  

If the issue persists, you can also try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
pampalerky
25 of 31

Hi Bojan, 

I am not signed in through Google. Still unable to log into desktop app from my Mac. 

I have done these troubleshooting steps. Still unable to. Everytime I login it still shows An Unknown Error has occured.

Please assist and advise resolution on this asap.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Vanessa Pamela

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
26 of 31

Hi Vanessa,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
pampalerky
27 of 31

Hi, 

Thanks! 

I've done all actions from Upwork's list to troubleshoot but unfortunately it doesn't help.

I've basically searched it myself and found one of the Mac users whose advised worked for me Smiley Wink

I've cleared the cache by going to the Upwork icon (found in the Activity bar on upper right) then Settings --> Clear cache and Restart

Kind regards,
Pamela

joseph_marvens
Marvens J Member Since: Jul 5, 2020
28 of 31

Hello Pamela,

I can confirm that clearing the cache worked! 

Thanks for the tip.

Regards

Marvens 

maverickdabas
Ashish K Member Since: Sep 3, 2018
29 of 31

Yes, this worked for me too, clearing cookies by visiting https://www.upwork.com/ab/account-security/clear-cookies

thanks Smiley Happy

6orus9
Dmytro L Member Since: Feb 13, 2017
30 of 31

Same for me ("An unknown error has occurred") clear cache didn't help

Upwork app version: 5.4.2.8

MacOs version: 10.13.6

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS