cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open oDesk in ios 8

Highlighted
Betty A Member Since: Apr 19, 2012
1 of 11
I always check oDesk in my iPhone but when I updated it to ios 8, oDesk will not load anymore, too much redirect. Please fix.
Highlighted
Teodora S Member Since: Aug 12, 2014
2 of 11
...glad I'm not the only one.
Highlighted
Vladislav A Member Since: Aug 29, 2014
3 of 11
Same for me. It's working fine in Google Chrome for iOS but performs non-stop redirecting in Safari.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
4 of 11
I'm encountering the same problem!
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 11
Hi all, Thank you very much for letting us know. Our Team is aware of this issue and they are working on resolving it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Mattia T Member Since: Jan 8, 2015
6 of 11

Still having the same issue here...I wasn't able to access the oDesk website from the iPad the whole day.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 11

I use oDesk on iOS8 *every day*.

I use oDesk on my iPad mini.

I use all the website features, including community forum, job searches, taking skills tests, etc.

There's a trick to it:

LOTS of purging of our cookies and cache.

I use the Opera browser for best performance.

Whenever it isn't fast to load or do something, I just click on the settings button and purge cookies and purge cache.

And it works fine.

Highlighted
Mattia T Member Since: Jan 8, 2015
8 of 11

Hi Preston, 

thanks for the suggestion, I suspected it was something about that.

The thing is, on iOS 8 there is one single button to clear _everything_. That means losing all your cookies, saved sessions, browsing history for every website you ever visited, all at once.

Seems a bit like an overkill to me.

In Advanced > Website Data you can select which website data you want to clear but doing that didn't solve the issue for me yesterday.

Since this is clearly a bug, and not a minor one since it affects every iOS device, I think it would be much better if oDesk would fix the issue upstream once and for everyone, instead of relying on non-obvious temporary fixes by the users.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 11
Mattie, good points. To clarify, because this might be be helpful to some readers, I do not purge EVERYTHING on my iPad. I only use the settings and clear buttons within the Opera browser application. And I use Opera ONLY for oDesk. So when I clear cookies and browser history, I cleat ALL cookies and ALL browser history, but only for Opera. For other websites, I use other browsers, mainly Safari. So I don't need to worry about how this affects anything else I do on my iPad.

Of course this means that oDesk's website is buggy with regards to how it works on iOS, but their main concern is making sure the website works the way they want it to on the desktop, where most freelancers do most of their work.

I don't have time to worry about how oDesk "should" work on iPads; I am simply dealing with how it is now in a way that works for me.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 11

Hi Mattia,

Sorry you are experiencing issues using oDesk on iOS 8. I'll share your feedback with our Team.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS