🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't reach customer service on UpWork
Page options
alendizdar
Community Member

Can't reach customer service on UpWork

Hello,

I am top rated and a PLUS member but no chat - is this normal? 

Thanks 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

16 REPLIES 16
a_lipsey
Community Member

This is odd. FOr some reason the little question mark that lets you access the chat bot is gone, EXCEPT here on the community forum. And now instead of a question mark, it looks like a little robot icon. 

Hope that helps you access chat. 

Yeah the "data" bot is no help. I have specific questions. Thanks for your reply, Amanda. 

re: "Yeah the 'data' bot is no help. I have specific questions."

Nobody here is claiming that you can use the data bot to get answers to your questions.

BUT:
If you activate the data bot, you may be able to click a button that indicates that you are a freelancer, and after that, you can type in "contact support", and if live chat support is currently available for people in your user type category, then you will be able to talk to a live customer support agent.

Having said that, I should point out that if you want to ask questions about Upwork, it is usually faster and more informative to ask those questions in the Community Forum. I do NOT advise trying to contact Upwork Support to ask any kind of qustion that can be answered in the Community Forum by doing a search or posting a question. If you have specific actions that need to be taken by Upwork employees only, that is when it may be necessary to contact Support personnel through a Support Ticket or live chat, etc.

Thanks, Preston!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alen,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. We have flagged this to the correct team for their review. I can see that you were able to reach out to our support team. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Alen D wrote:

Yeah the "data" bot is no help. I have specific questions. Thanks for your reply, Amanda. 

The bot is what gets you to a human being. You're welcome. 

Alen:
If we are being honest about something...

This way of reaching live support is idiosyncratic and quirky.

YOU didn't think about it right off the bat. Nobody is going to think of this out of the blue while just looking at the user interface.

This is by design.

The creators of the user interface are managing and channelling support requests in an intentional way.

Even the fact that Forum participants (both moderators and non-employee users) are able to explain how to contact live chat using the chat bot is an intentional decision on Upwork's part. No different than the placement (or non-placement) of ways to contact Upwork Support via email, phone, support ticket creation, etc.

e22dd302
Community Member

Such a total fail - the process by which you validate your request for help (creating an account not the original poster's issue) is to get a code.   Getting a code is "not available", aka terminal loop.   

Preston, you indicate this is a UX design and intentional.     Its the opposite of best practice outside in engineering.    Its like "creating" problems within problems within problems.   

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8c8b1ffd
Community Member

I can't get any help either.  I am fed up I just want to end a contract and this cookie cutter feedback form is asking me questions I don't know because the job did not go forward.  Stop hijacking's my money by forcing me to fill out an irrelevant or false feedback form. 

Hi Loretta,

Thank you for your message. You have the ability to end a contract on Upwork at any time. It’s important to confirm that all parties are aware and in agreement before a contract is closed. Before you end a contract, you will want to consider releasing any funds you’ve already placed in escrow as part of the agreed-upon contract with your freelancer/agency. If you choose to close the contract without releasing the money in escrow, we’ll email your freelancer/agency and request an escrow refund on your behalf. You may wanna check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8c8b1ffd
Community Member

I can't reach customer service either and I can't post on the forum

I should not be forced to leave a fake feedback to get my money back.  Your cookie-cutter feedback does not fit every case.  Freelancer did not get started on this project so I cannot in all honesty provide the feedback asked.  This is not a case for feedback.  End contract for Stephany Pedroza and refund my money.  I feel hijacked for feedback.  This can't be legal.  In this case, I do not want to leave feedback that simply doesn't apply. Refund my money for the current contract for Stephany Pedroza.  End the contract now!!!

Release my money.

Your cookie-cutter review form is not applicable when freelancer never got a chance to start on the project, partially through no one's fault.  I feel like my refund is being held hostage for a fake review.  End my contract with Stephany Pedroza and refund my money.

Hi Loretta,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members