🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't see bid range on some job posts
Page options
afiaghazanfar
Community Member

Can't see bid range on some job posts

Hi. I have plus membership on Upwork. I can see bid range on some jobs but not all of them. For example, I have applied on this job

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But I can't see bid range on it.

6 REPLIES 6
datatraveler1
Community Member

Hi Afia,

It's the same for me but only for new job postings. Is the posting you're referring to less than 8 hours old? That seems to be when the bid ranges appear in my experience.

Also, since I've never seen 0 proposals but always a minimum of 1 to 5, perhaps there have not been any real bids yet on the posting you referred to.

Good luck.

NikolaS

Hi Afia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I'm having the same problem, could you help me with that?

Thanks,

Claudia

Claudia D wrote:

Hi Nikola,

I'm having the same problem, could you help me with that?

Thanks,

Claudia

If there aren't enough proposals yet, then you won't see a range. Wait until there are more proposals. (Hint: It's not important anyway - you should bid what you think the job is worth.)

Thanks, Christine! It's just that from previous jobs I had the impression that I could see the range after I placed my bid. I did bid my usual rate, but I'm always curious about what other freelancers charge for the same work.

Claudia D wrote:

but I'm always curious about what other freelancers charge for the same work.

The answer is usually "not enough." I'm glad that I don't have a plus membership and therefore can't worry about it (ignorance is bliss). I'd be interested in seeing bids from freelancers who have the exact same level of experience that I have, but unfortunately that's not possible.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members