🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't seem to find work on here?
Page options
uplabdhipandey
Community Member

Can't seem to find work on here?

Hi, I've been a freelancer for quite a while and have had no issues finding work on other platforms. But it seems that I've been quite unlucky on here because I keep submitting proposals without any effect. Even though I provide adequate samples and try my best to put out good proposals. 

Any tips or guidance?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Uplabdhi P wrote:

Hi, I've been a freelancer for quite a while and have had no issues finding work on other platforms. But it seems that I've been quite unlucky on here because I keep submitting proposals without any effect. Even though I provide adequate samples and try my best to put out good proposals. 

Any tips or guidance?

Use your profile to showcase more of you work (create work to showcase if you cannot use past items). Expand your profile summary so that provides a better example of what you can do--write it as if a client had asked you to write a bio for them.

Even with a brilliant profile, though, it is hard for beginners to gain a foothold on Upwork. So continue to develop your other channels.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Uplabdhi P wrote:

Any tips or guidance?

You could do a lot to improve your profile. To me it reads as if you worked for 53 companies, which is probably not what you want to say. Your overview is only 3 lines, and does not positively impress the reader. 

Writing is overcrowded, and if you offer writing in English, you are in competition with tens of thousands well-qualified native speakers. 

roberty1y
Community Member

In case anyone thinks they're having a hard time getting work, I've just counted the number of consecutive fruitless proposals I've made - a straight run of 75 since the 27th of August, when I last started a contract. Is this a record?

tlbp
Community Member

Uplabdhi P wrote:

Any tips or guidance?

Use your profile to showcase more of you work (create work to showcase if you cannot use past items). Expand your profile summary so that provides a better example of what you can do--write it as if a client had asked you to write a bio for them.

Even with a brilliant profile, though, it is hard for beginners to gain a foothold on Upwork. So continue to develop your other channels.  

mazyger
Community Member

For me it helped to have a portfolio-website. I worked outside upwork very often without portfolio, but here I really needed one.

To be honest I really invested much time to make the portfolio.

And also the portfolio was a project itself (so double +, yay). After it I got at least interviews.

From my expierence people want to see something and not read so much. Few important notes like what do you offer, expierence etc. and some contents are important. But my portfolio has parts like images and parts where I describe things. Yea, also own projects. 

You also can also try to search somewhere else. I wrote once someone in discord and we still used upwork and now we are in long-term and is great client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members