🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't seem to get new projects when submittin...
Page options
jamisontiffany
Community Member

Can't seem to get new projects when submitting proposals.

Hello! I've been on Upwork for a bit and got two great projects, completed the projects successfully and have high ratings, but cannot get new projects taht I am applying to. I have a lot of experience and I'm submitting proposals almost every day. I even bring my rate down to what the company is requesting so I am aligned with what they want to spend. I am also spening time creating my cover letter so it is engaging and showcases my expereince and how I can bring value to the company's project.

Help! 😞 

4 REPLIES 4
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Keep going. Don't lower your rate - the lower the rate the higher is competition. Don't give up, it's hard for only first 5-10 projects, then you get to pick what to do.

Good advice. Appreciate the message and feedback. Thank you!
ajitmrin
Community Member

Don't lose heart, getting first break through is the most toughest and you have already bagged two, completed it to the clients satisfaction with good rating. Now be selective and apply for only those where you feel you can do a better job than others. Highlight your strength and in due course more projects will definitely come your way.

Thank you 🙂 Appreciate the message.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members