🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't select my dropbox file to attach to my ...
Page options
eapurpero
Community Member

Can't select my dropbox file to attach to my message

Help!  My deadline is tomorrow.  I have my file saved in dropbox.  I click  on the paperclip and select dropbox.  Takes me to my files but they are grayed out so I can't select my file to attach to the message.  Advice?

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth, 

I'm sorry but I was unable to replicate your issue. Could you please check if your Dropbox folder/file is shareable to anyone who has access to the link? Are you also able to pull-out the link on the file by right-clicking on the file and copying the link? You should be able to share the file through this process too. 

Gentle reminder that if you're submitting work for fixed-price contracts, please make sure to submit it on your contract/s page by clicking on the "Submit Work for Payment" button. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Elizabeth P wrote:

Help!  My deadline is tomorrow.  I have my file saved in dropbox.  I click  on the paperclip and select dropbox.  Takes me to my files but they are grayed out so I can't select my file to attach to the message.  Advice?

You'd be better off creating your own Dropbox account (free/basic), and add/invite via your client's email address to share files. Very little in Upwork's message room works well, or efficiently. And as Avery reminds you, if these are final files, upload to your contract page as well. In fact, your client should be able to download them from there ... Dropbox can be an alternative.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members