🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't submit proposals due to Upwork bug - Up...
Page options
sagewingllc
Community Member

Can't submit proposals due to Upwork bug - Upwork won't fix :(

I have been a member since way back in the Elance days, usually operating as a client but I've done a few contracts over the years as well and had good reviews.

Now, I want to start bidding on contracts using my freelancer account but I can't do it. Each time a try I get an ambiguous error saying I should contact support or try again later. Very frustrating, especially because Upwork has acknowledged that the error is on their end but can't or won't seem to fix it.

I keep getting responses saying they see the error, are sorry for any issues, etc. but no fixes in sight. Not even a promise of a fix, and being in the software industry for 25 years I can just tell that this isn't going to get resolved any time soon,

I could start again, but then I lose the few reviews/projects I already have. I can't get anything out of upwork support.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this???

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Any kind of progress, workaround, etc. would be of interest now. 

thanks, Dave 

sagewingllc
Community Member

Just an update on this:

Dissapointingly, Upwork has been completely unhelpful and I'm not sure they are interested in my situation at all. That's understandable as I am just one person, but I even asked them if there was a way to delete and recreate my account to which they responded it was against regulations. Well, I can't use the system anyways and I cant imagine there is a regulation against simply fixing an existing account through recreation.

Then they said I should try opening an agency, which i don't need and didn't work anyways. 

Very frustrating - really, Upwork? No help at all?

David H wrote:

Just an update on this:

Dissapointingly, Upwork has been completely unhelpful and I'm not sure they are interested in my situation at all. That's understandable as I am just one person, but I even asked them if there was a way to delete and recreate my account to which they responded it was against regulations. Well, I can't use the system anyways and I cant imagine there is a regulation against simply fixing an existing account through recreation.

Then they said I should try opening an agency, which i don't need and didn't work anyways. 

Very frustrating - really, Upwork? No help at all?

That is incredibly unfortunate. Have you tried private messaging one of the moderators? It's not ideal, but it might help expedite the situation. And, I would definintely see if you can escalate beyond front line support. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, David. I understand how this can be frustrating for you, and why it would make you upset. 

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team so that we can hopefully get this resolved soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for your reply. I received another vague update from support which I suspsect is a result of this thread. But, I am skeptical that it's anything beyond a message. All they wrote was:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Update:

Still nothing. I am just prevented from doing anything. Upwork, please help me out!!

I apologize for the delay, David. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team so that they can reach out to you with an update about your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am pleased to announce that Upwork finallly got this sorted out for me. They didn't tell me it was sorted out, or offer an apology for the months waiting, but it's fixed now!

David H wrote:

I am pleased to announce that Upwork finallly got this sorted out for me. They didn't tell me it was sorted out, or offer an apology for the months waiting, but it's fixed now!

This should be pinned as a cautionary tale to users of what Upwork CS is like. Thank you for updating us. 

Yes, that was no feel good ending to this story.

Hi David,

I checked your support ticket and see our team did follow up on it with an update and asked for a confirmation from your end. Could you please check your ticket and let me know if you're seeing anything differently?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Why would I possibly do that?

I responded to many emails, messages, requests, etc. from support. I provided debug info, screenshots, etc. for months. I was asked to check it several times even though nothing had changed. Then one day I just tried it randomly and to my surprise, it worked.

It's over now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths